What do you plan on smoking for the 2008 Communal Smoke?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showme1or2

Reaction score
I'm planning on smoking my Dunhill Shell with some Squadron Leader from TJ's cellar.

Then I may smoke a bowl each from my daughters pipes. That will be three bowls in a row. Hmm, what a way to start the year.

showme

Thinking maybe some 965 in a Jobert or Standard mixture med or Proper english. Maybe in a Dunhill shell or a stanwell bamboo.

CP did say something about smoking some Walnut in a Dr. Grabow.

Most likely some 2015 or some Waccamaw or some marlin flake or some Escudo :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

puros_bran":1kettg1v said:
Capt Black in my Ivarsson.

:suspect: I dare ya!

I have a tin of some Dunhill light flake with a label on it that says it came from some old dudes cellar, probly half as old as he is ;) I also have a really cool old Savinelli that the same old coot passed on to me, so that sounds like a winning combo. I'll also be using the 2007 TJ's smoker commemorative tamper that was made by Mike Brissett and gifted by Huggie, as there's a lot of good karma attached to that thing 8)

My Mike Brissett birthday billiard with some Laurel Flake... it has a similar sticker on it Puff Daddy. I got one of those tampers as well, even though I didn't show up for the Smoker. :D

I'll be smoking GLP Fillmore in my #55 Castello Sea Rock. Looking forward to spending some time with my friends...

Hey Pdiddy, you got a couple grand I could borrow til the second tuesday of next week? I gotta go buy an Ivarsson to complete a dare.

No, but I got a Grabow that I'll scribble Iversuhn on in crayon and send to ya 8)

Dunhill Shell group six straight bill, shank reamed by George, in person at the 07 Smoker, and smoked by cdstuart at the 2007 Smoker.

Balkan Sobranie Original Smoking Mixture, 1983, gifted to me by The Dark Lord at the '07 Smoker.

The "TJ 2007 Smoker" tamper, gifted to each member of the 07 Smoker by Jason.

Swan Vesta matches, gifted by Carlos during the 07 Secret Santa.

CD,,,,,,,,,,,,DGQ20, Dave Grisman in anticipation of a good new year.

A glass of leftover Christian Brothers.

A few simultaneous puffs on a cigar aknowledgeing VITO.

I'll think obscure socio/poltical thoughts in deference to the diaphanous one.

I'll delete a comma for PB.

Eat a peanut butter cookie from Mary's kitchen.

I'll briefly grab my power for the wheel.

Contemplate my inadequate cellar for Ken.

A wish that humility finds it's way where needed.

A wish that recent ill will leaves and comaraderie returns.

A second warm welcome to all newbies.

Misspel a word for an English Professor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,probably many.

Lots of other important things,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and thoughts.

:king:

Bless :face: :santa: :darklord: :afro: :elephant: :joker: :geek: :ewe: :gatewheel: ,,,,,,,,,,,and all who smoke on this day.

BRILANT

Wow TJ, that is going to turn into an all day affair. It sounds like you have a great day planned.

For me, some Jack's Firehouse Dog gifted to me by Mike Brissett when I visited the year my son graduated from Navy boot camp in a Mike Brissett thimble shaped poker he custom made for me. Will be at the chat at 12 Noon PST. The rest of the day spending time with the family. It don't get any better than that.

Thanks, Jason... not decided what pipe or tobacco... are there door prizes? longest/shortest smoke competitions?
:p Paul

I will be smoking some Laurel Flake in a DiMonte Classica (gifted to me by PB). I have to work so it won't be until sometime after 6:00 pm. I will be thinking of y'all at 2:00 Central Time though.

Great thread Showme!

I believe that the tobacco that I will smoke to ring in the New Year is a given and some folks probably don't want to here it again. Let's just say that it is an old friend.

The pipe...........well, let's just say that in honor of reconnecting with a good friend I will be smoking this high grade Brissett that you would have to see to appreciate.

BrissettCumb3.jpg

I am going to post a few more photos of this pipe over in the "show your wood" thread and try to give a brief description though words cannot really describe it and the photos don't come close to doing it justice.