What do you reach for?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
Lets set the stage...you have not smoked your pipe for a week, for what ever the reason. This is your favorite time, the house lights are dimming the curtain is going up...which pipe from your extensive collection and which tobacco from your well stocked cellar do you select for this special occasion?
Bub

Man, that's tough. I've been sitting here staring at my rack and there are a dozen fabulous smokers, don't think I could pick one and claim it as my favorite. I guess I would grab a fav tobacco (FVF, Wessex campaign brigade dark flake, Astley's 109) and ask it which pipe it wants tonight. One will whisper "You know I'm the one!" Since five of my best smokers are Castellos it would likely be a Castello, maybe the 4K "Castello" liverpool or the Old Antiquari squat bulldog.... But then there's the little jewel-like Hedegaard bulldog or the classic Dunhill 51033 or the Ashton XXX Sovereign or the Ser Jac Picta 9 or the Tinsky bulldog or the Bang horn or the....

One? Impossible!!

Toughie!!! Probably my 1965 Savinelli pot or my Ser Jacopo R2 billiard with either FM or Westminster. However, to tell the absolute truth, it could just as easily be my old Bertram billiard (DH 5 or 6) with some Engine #99!! These decisions are always a chore for me!! But a pleasant chore!! FTRPLT

The selection process is too seriously affected by the New Girl in School syndrome to be much more than a snapshot of the way matters stand this week. Or this month. Or this year (as the case may be).

LL's "50 Smokes Minimum" requirement to qualify either pfeife or tobac for Favorite ranking would probably be a good one to impose before answering.

:face:

I find myself smoking vicariously through everyone elses pipe rack,,,

Depending on my mood, probably a Pete system with Squadron Leader or Balkan Flake. If I happen to be in a VA or VAPER mood, SG BBF or LGF in a Ceppo.

I decided on a Tonni Nielsen bent bulldog and GLP Filmore...it was GREEAAT.
Bub

Even' All, Bosun CP, in my Xmas'03 Ardor, with berries& leaves, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

Brissett bent billiard/egg......kinda Danish flair..........and of course the tobacco would be John Middleton Walnut.

Billy Budd in a Pete Sherlock Holmes, Crosbly, Stills, Nash & Young & a lazy hour on a pipe forum.

That is a tough choice. I really think I'd be leaning toward some brown rope - SG or G&H. The pipe though...man. After a week, I think I'd want it to be special, so maybe my Sixten Peewit or my Nordh Billiad/Canadian. Or maybe even an Anne Julie. If it was today, I think I'd go for the Nordh.

The pipe part is fairly easy, it would be one of my Mark Tinskys. The tobacco is harder, but right now I would probably pick Peretti's BPC, although there are several C&D and Pease blends I really enjoy, too.

Smokey :pipe: