What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Me? I’d like a newer used car. Current ride has about 120K (rounded up) and is just a bit long in the tooth, to put it mildly.

It’s likely worth about $6.20 in trade. lol

Odds of getting it? Hmmmm. Just about zero to none. :x

Should there be a "," or is it really a "." ?

If I could get any frivolous thing on my dream list it would be an Izzo Valkyrie 2 group espresso machine and a Mahlkonig E65S grinder to go with it. Chances if getting it, pretty close to zero :cry:

Captain Black Grape............oh wait already got that

I’ve wanted a nice Dunhill shell bent from 1971 (my birth year) for a years.

I’d like to have the 68 SS camero I had in high school back.

The winning lottery ticket ?00,000,000 or more 0’s in the number.

I really like to have day to be with my dad again. Grandparents and great grandparents too.

I met a guy at my wife’s office Christmas party that is in a local Camero Club. He said he had a 68 SS that is part of some end production run and has all these little changes or extras or whatever. Understandably he’s very, very careful with it.

For Christmas, I want the year to end well at one church and for the move to go smoothly.

After the move and selling the current house, I will be in the market for a new car (back on topic really). My idea of "new" is really an estate car. The one I will be selling is a '98 Ford Crown Victoria with more or less 225K miles. It is reliable as a rock, and does not look like much.

Ahh, the Queen Vicky.  Now there’s a classic.  

The only thing I don’t like is the reciprocating ball steering. It wanders a bit. Other than that...solid gold.  Especially with the Interceptor Package. If we’re out of town, and rent a car, if they have any I’ll ask for a Crown Vicky if I can swing a good price.

My mechanic told me he would not work on my Mazda minvan any more. He hated that minivan, and honestly I was not that crazy about it either. It had problems on a trip, and the family dropped it off at a shop. They let us use a "parts chaser" Olds 88 with 325K miles to finish the trip and pick up the Mazda on the way home.

The Olds was quieter and had room for the children and all the luggage/stuff. It got better fuel economy and was quieter on the road. The children sat farther apart, and it took them longer to start squabbling.

My eyes were opened to the wisdom of my father. He would have been driving an Olds 88 instead of a Mazda minivan.

I asked my mechanic when I got home what his wife drove. He explained that when you work on cars all day, you don't want to work on one when you get home too. He recommended the Buick LeSabre and Park Avenue. If I could not get a good deal on one of those, the Ford CV and Mercury Grand Marquis were a close second.

Basically I have had one of these ever since and have had no regrets.

The next one will probably be something else. With the move, I will be getting a new mechanic for one thing. The cars described are getting a little long in the tooth too to be buying used.

All interesting. I looked up used CV’s 2011 (last year made) and there seem to be dealers that specialize in them. You can get a 2010 or 2011 CV Non fleet Interceptor with about 50K mikes for under $10K. That’s like “new” given their longevity. They all seem to be in the midwest though so I’d worry about salt rust.

I have to admit I don't want to much for Christmas. Our vehicles are in good shape and the house is ok too. We are in good health and our living older relatives are doing pretty well too. My daughter just started her first full time job after college and it's even in a field that she wants to be in. This is more of a count your blessings and be thankful Christmas.

However, if Santa  :santa:  happens to be reading this, I'd REALLY like a new mid-engine Corvette. Any color will do. :D   I see the chances of actually getting one? Less than zero.

I’m in the midst of a mid life crisis so:

Honda CBR600F in red.

Chances... nil.

Barring that I’m pretty happy with my lot. We’ve all got our health, a roof over our heads and we’re not hungry. Happy!

Maybe roll back the wear and tear on the body. Otherwise I shouldn't complain.

Blackhorse":0aavxrhv said:
I know a guy...er, a friend of mine...yeah, that’s it.  

He said all he wanted was to stop the violins and visualize whirled peas.  

He’s kinda strange.
Ooookkkaaaayyyy!

A full nights sleep without taking the dogs out would be nice. My wife could sleep through a hurricane I do believe. I agree with Stick, a roof over our heads and food and I'm good to go.