What do your wives think of pipe smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife (or more precisely, my wife to be in about 30 hours) loves it when I smoke a pipe. Even the non-aromatic blends. She's the tops!

Cool, im currently dating a wonderful girl but wasn't sure how to tell her. Because people always put pipe smoking in the same category as cigarettes. And if your well learned about the subject theirs a significant difference. So much infact that some pipe smokers are proven to live longer then non-pipe smokers.

My wife enjoys and even has a few pipes of her own that she smokes on occasion. She also tends to cause me to spend more money in the B&Ms when she's with me. Of course I don't complain about that at all.

Do you know if your girl has any issues with other types of smoking? Cigars or cigs in general? If she does try to figure out what she doesn't like about them. Could be just the smell, which there is an easy pipe fix for. My wife couldn't stand cigars when we first met but after a couple of years she started enjoying them with me and then she started this dangerous path into the pipe world with me on the very weekend that I proposed.

Good Luck with it, she may surprise you.

The missus isn't particularly fond of pipes and/or cigars, but holds them in a much higher regard than cigarettes...I'm allowed to smoke in my basement, and not relegated to the outdoors year-round, so I don't have much to complain about.

I'll have to make a point of asking her some day. :lol:

Just kidding. We were both cigarette smokers when we
met and quit together when we chose to procreate. (1/1/79)
I started smoking cigars (she didn't). After thirty years
of cigar smoking, I finally discovered pipes. She is
one of the few wives I've heard about that prefers
it when I smoke cigars. I usually don't get any grief
unless the wind is easterly and fights my window fan.

Mine is great. Prefers Lat blends of all things! Likes cigars too. Like might actually be a little strong, but very tolerant might be more accurate. In the summer she often sits on the deck with me while I smoke one or the other. She won't hang out with me in my little shop in the basement (where I smoke in the winter), but she has happily accompanied me to numerous cigar bars. Shes even been known to pick me up a little something if she wonders past a tobacco shop.

Neither of us smoke cigarettes. My MIL does, and my wife absolutely hates it.

She's completely against cigarettes. Her father smokes a pipe, so i have a good chance. She just worries alot.

My wife was always fine with it. Actually, she gave me a pipe when we were dating. She doesn't smoke, but doesn't mind if I smoke near her as long as it smells decent (most latakia blends don't, according to her). She belongs to the anti-smoking Taliban, though...

Mostly smoke aromatics so no complaint from my wife. I'm renting so its all out side. Have got the "smells like horse crap" comment when I smoke Lat blends though! :twisted:

My former 3 wives liked pipe smoking much better than my smoking cigars, but all HATED my 759, 965 and other Balkan blends I smoked at the time. Been single for almost 20 years now and my 4 kittehs just LOVE my Va's AND my Balkan blends :twisted:

My wife does not care for it. I only smoke outside. She did buy me a pipe for christmas. She said the smell of the pipe store gave her a headache.

After I smoke, I have to take a shower and brush my teeth in order to get sugar. ;)

No pictures? Come on people! This is in the photo gallery!

When I pipe smoke, I smoke here:
8xclU.jpg

There are no complaints of the smell.

It seems to me that a nice leather chair. With some classical music playing in the back ground is about right for me.

Good to hear so many wives support and actually enjoy the hobby!

I smoke all over the house... In the kitchen while I'm cooking, in the laundry room, the living room, the bathroom, and I do most of my smoking right next to the bed. My end table has my pipe rack and ashtray. She says that when I'm smoking at night it helps her sleep! Like incense or something. She likes VAper and Va the most. Escudo, Haddos, etc.

Whenever I smoke Latakia (not very often) she says it bothers her nose lol she must be allergic!

My wife didn't mind the rare cigar I smoked, but doesn't like that I've gone back to regular pipe smoking. On the other hand, she's in New Orleans and I'm in North Carolina most of the time :roll:

J Soshae":jkt1naen said:
After I smoke, I have to take a shower and brush my teeth in order to get sugar. ;)
This made me laugh - I've suffered similar experiences!

My wife detests me smoking a pipe and my daughter belongs to the aforementioned anti-smoking Taliban - it's pipe smoking in the garden or garage only. The garage isn't so bad - I have a seat and footstool set up beside the beer fridge.

Fraternally

Jers

Been smoking cigars and pipes in the house since we were married. Coming up on 17 years next month. She does prefer me smoking a pipe over cigars but never complains, just compliments the pipe when I smoke.