What foods do you eat everyday?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This thread topic came up on another board I'm a part of and was pretty interesting, so I'll borrow the title from them.

1. As for me, never a day goes by that I don't have peanut butter. Sometimes multiple times. Seems I almost exist on the stuff. Mostly as an accompaniment to the supper on some chewy whole meal bread. But a light lunch could be just peanut butter on crispbread, or sometimes with a tin of sardines or pickled herring. And if I can't somehow manage a full supper, I've often just had peanut butter on toast, perhaps with some no-sugar preserves.

And my peanut butter of choice is Adams, which is nowt but peanuts and less than 1% salt. Made by Smuckers. It's the kind one has to stir up to get the peanut oil on the top back into the rest. Kind of a pain but I'll take it any day over the processed kind that is no-stir and has the feel and consistency of Crisco.

natural_creamy.png

I also like the crunchy chunky and get that occasionally-

natural_crunchy.png

Being hypertensive, I probably should get the no-salt versions of both of these. And I've tried to like them, but they have a very flat taste. I don't reckon the relatively small amount of sodium here has a great influence.

2. It's been my custom for quite a few years now to have a cup of low fat fruit yogurt before I retire. I normally avoid sweets, and this is really the only sweet thing I have on any kind of a regular basis. Plus it promotes good gut health.

I really like the Brown Cow brand, as they don't use HFCS. Yes they do use cane sugar and maple syrup. And nothing artificial-

bc_6oz_vanilla.png

So that's me. Howse about youse?

Cheers,

RR

Well, I don't remember the peanut butter I like off hand (Maybe Skippy Creamy)and most the time I just end up looking at the ingredients to find out if it has Molasses in it, Can't stand the stuff, even as a kid, YUK!
Anyway, back on the subject of what I eat everyday. Well, I'm on one of those dietary things so most the time it's either Pringles Barbeque Potato chips or a bowl of Honey Bunches of oats with almonds and whole milk, occasionally I'll have a frozen breakfast burrito. Makes your mouth water doesn't it.  During the cooler months it's Top Ramen Creamy chicken soup and Gummy Bears or Blue Vines, Yes BLUE ones (there grape). Supper time is always a adventure, the old women either cooks something I like or don't like. Doesn't really matter much anymore cause I usually don't have an appetite ;)

1. Elk. Most days of the week involves elk. Burgers, steaks, tacos, Italian sausage and spaghetti... we like variety. I like my steaks and burgers grilled over oak coals:

2. Eggs. Omelletes or over easy, preferably with breakfast steaks or breakfast sausage (see elk). Also like them with bacon. Love eggs.

Good Lord! That stuffs gona kill ya man!

Ya mind if I come visit awhile? ;)

<a href='/u3831' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Bemused'>@Bemused</a>":xraidkmb said:
Haha door's open. Sometimes I even smoke afterwards.
After hav'en a good meal ya got have a smoke. ;)

Depending on how early I get up in the morning  I'll eat three or four grilled cheese with ham and hot banana pepper rings sandwiches during the day. I've done this every day since 2011. Maybe once a month I'll eat a normal home cooked meal as long as my intake doesn't go over six ounces at one time. We even take a grill a long when ever we go out of town so we can make the sandwiches. As bizzar as this sounds it's the truth.  :)

AJ

ajn27511":z902rzk8 said:
Depending on how early I get up in the morning  I'll eat three or four grilled cheese with ham and hot banana pepper rings sandwiches during the day. I've done this every day since 2011. Maybe once a month I'll eat a normal home cooked meal as long as my intake doesn't go over six ounces at one time. We even take a grill a long when ever we go out of town so we can make the sandwiches. As bizzar as this sounds it's the truth.  :)

AJ
Ya know, "You are what you eat!" ;)

Cartaphilus":yq1dderv said:
ajn27511":yq1dderv said:

AJ
Ya know, "You are what you eat!" ;)
I guess that makes me a cheesy spicy ham, right? :twisted:

AJ

I'm a peanut butter and yogurt guy. Every day. I tend to eat PB with a spoon now, but in the 90s, every lunch a PB&J or PB&honey sandwich.

<a href='/u1210' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Zeno Marx'>@Zeno Marx</a>":7f24wu2g said:
I'm a peanut butter and yogurt guy.  Every day.  I tend to eat PB with a spoon now, but in the 90s, every lunch a PB&J or PB&honey sandwich.
Looks like you and I are of a similar mindset Zeno!

I also love other nut butters. Almond and cashew to name two, and also like Tahini (sesame). And the price of those is at least double that of peanut butter, so those are an occasional treat.

Cheers,

RR

<a href='/u1689' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Richard Burley'>@Richard Burley</a>":nmlhayj6 said:
Every day? Is beer a food?
yup indeed it is, it wasn't very long ago that beer and wine were the only safe liquids to drink as water was too polluted. and the calories in the beer and wine were essential for survival.

<a href='/u1722' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Brewdude'>@Brewdude</a>":8w04lo0l said:
<a href='/u1210' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Zeno Marx'>@Zeno Marx</a>":8w04lo0l said:
I'm a peanut butter and yogurt guy.  Every day.  I tend to eat PB with a spoon now, but in the 90s, every lunch a PB&J or PB&honey sandwich.
Looks like you and I are of a similar mindset Zeno!

I also love other nut butters. Almond and cashew to name two, and also like Tahini (sesame). And the price of those is at least double that of peanut butter, so those are an occasional treat.

Cheers,

RR
I've been trying to add peanut butter more to my cooking. Makes a great derivative of kung pao sauce. Walnuts are pretty cheap at one particular store, so I wash a bag as clean as possible, and then throw them into practically everything I make. I've yet to find any stovetop recipe where they don't work. I've never cared much for walnuts in the dessert realm, but in more savory dishes, they're quite good. Same with almonds. They do well in practically every meal-type dish.

I usually eat the same breakfast every day.
Graham Crackers and Blueberry Greek Yogurt.
I dunk the grahams in my coffee.

I'd be hard pressed to say that I eat a particular food every day apart from the usual staples like milk and perhaps spuds. We eat a wide variety in our family, assisted by my wife's love of cooking and the fact that she's a dietitian. That doesn't mean to say we only eat completely 'healthy' foods, if there is such a thing. Like anyone else we enjoy straying off the path too. Only tonight we polished off a large box of choccies between us and after seeing some of the other Brothers' pics, I'm already looking forward to my next breakfast fry up! But not black pudding, that really is something that I just can't bring myself to eat.

Ok I'll admit it.......eggs lots and lots of eggs upto a dozen every single day. My cholesterol is fine too it's actually too low and they ride my butt all the time about that. My other guilty pleasure everyday is chili garlic sauce. It goes in or on just about everything.

Jim

Rice every day. Eggs in some form for lunch. Go to the chicken coop, grab 4, and make something for lunch. Peanut butter and honey sandwiches are great with morning coffee. Otherwise, as I do the cooking, I try to mix up the menu to keep variety alive...

In the morning Fage Yogarts, sometimes add granola. At least 5 nights a week a few hand fulls of Trader Joe's Sunflower Seeds.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!