What have you added to your rotation this year??

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawdogspipes

Reaction score
Here are three of my Lastest Additions to the rotation.

2- Adam Davidson Pipes
1- Todd Johnson small apple with Bamboo Shank.

O well.... I cannot figure out how to post the photos. Got them uploaded but now cannot find how to post them.

Sorry.

Davidson

Davidson

Johnson

lawdogspipes":makizbhx said:
Here are three of my Lastest Additions to the rotation.

2- Adam Davidson Pipes
1- Todd Johnson small apple with Bamboo Shank.

O well.... I cannot figure out how to post the photos. Got them uploaded but now cannot find how to post them.

Sorry.
To post a picture you have hosted on another site, like your storage space on your ISP, or another site. In the edit window, under the subject box is a group of icons which on the left starts with a B for bold and the other end is Image. You want to click on that image icon and is should place img inside of brackets wherever your cursor is. Then paste in your web address for the picture and click the icon again. It should then place /img inside of brackets at the end of your web address. Click send and it should appear in the post. Brackets are [] I usually just type want I want done.

Also, if you place your cursor on the icon, it shows you the format to use just above the post window.

If you are having other difficulties, let us know and someone will help.

Traded several pipes and bought a couple--Dunhill, Wiley, Tonni, Ardor, Paolo Becker, Lanatra, IMP, Mastro, and a half dozen Castellos. Very pleased with them all.

Those are some awesome pieces lawdog. You got the picture thing figured out but for others there is also a "Host an image" button that will provide a place for you to upload your photo. It creates a photo hosting account for you. Kind of slick really.

Being this was my first year really getting into pipes I added quite a few...

2 Mike Brissett
2 Rad Davis
2 Wolfgang Blazejewski
2 Peterson
2 Tsuge
1 Dunhill

I think that's it.

well i just checked and it seems i have added 11 pipes to my rack this year. i was on a harsh not going to buy very many pipes rule this year.

1. IMP meer pipe (club pipe)
2. John Crosby (new)
3. Talbert (new)
4. Bari estate (ebay)
5. Ardor (new)
6. Larryson (club pipe)
7.winslow (a gift)
8. Winslow (a gift)
9. Larry Faulkner (traded for)
10. Dunhill Shilling (traded for)
11. Northern Briar (traded for)

This year I added two Castello Sea Rocks a #15 and a #19 plus a Ser Jacapo Jucunda and A Gepetto

Oh man. Just this year. Ooh Boy!

I have gone though over a hundred pipes just this past year. Some stayed, some stayed for a while. Some are bing cleaned up and some are waiting.

Notable items include:

3 Brian Ruthenberg's
2 John Crosby's
3 Mark Tinsky's
2 IMP Meers
2 Kaywoodie's
1 Wally Frank
2 Ben Wade's
1 Castello
1 Comoy
Multiple GBD's and just a slew of others.

Guess I added 10 to the rotation, about half from online, the other half "souvenirs" from my various travels during the year. Not a bad haul.

1. Mastro de Paja rusticated billiard (Seattle)
2. Mauro Armellini rusticated freehand (Omaha)
3. Karl Erik freehand (Lincoln, NE)
4. Wessex Blasted Bulldog (Minneapolis)
5. Wolfgang Blazejewski Horn (from Wolfgang himself)
6. GBD Prehistoric Billiard (ebay find)
7. GBD Prehistoric Pot (also ebay)
8. GBD New Standard Bulldog (ebay, need to send it to Precision for a refurb)
9. MM Cob (from a gas station in Park Rapids, MN)
10. Stanwell Zebrano (ebay)

That gas station in Park Rapids was kind of odd because they also had a few tins of Samuel Gawith Perfection and Commonwealth.

lawdogspipes":bmai7clq said:
Which Crosby pipes did you get??? JOhn does excellent work.

Robert
Here is the latest. I think I had the email all of maybe 10 minutes when I emailed back and then called him. :lol:

1.jpg

I will have to take some pics of the other. It's no longer on his site. He named it something like Cavaro. That ain't right. It's downstairs at the moment. It's similar to this one. Thinner walls and black mostly. A sandblast. Slightly larger bowl size. Very gracefully and a fun, full flavored, pipe to smoke. Seems to bring out the best in nearly every blend I put in it.

My latest Brian Ruthenberg. Note, these pipes (these last couple pics) are much smaller than I usually purchase. But they are superb smokers.

0417a.jpg

BTW, to the gentlemen that made these. If linking is a problem to your pics, let me know and I will change it. I might copy them to my web space and link there at a later time. Don't want to abuse your servers. :)

Wow Carlos.....over 100 pipes this year :!: :!: :!: :!: Would you like to adopt me? :lol: :lol:

Nice pipes gentleman. I've been very fortunate this year, I've added 2 nice Castello Sea Rocks. A wonderful #55 and a yet to be received #19 and a Castello Collection Billiard
with a saddle bit.

bronxbill":ynttjv30 said:
Wow Carlos.....over 100 pipes this year :!: :!: :!: :!: Would you like to adopt me? :lol: :lol:
Truth be told, they all were not the higher grades. Or what I consider the higher grades for me. I bought 49 pipes at one auction. Mostly GBD's, Savinelli's, Stanwell's etc. Not knowing what some of the models were, I bought them all. Many are fine pipes, well worth keeping. I got a couple other groups, mostly yard pipes, fishing pipes etc. Some I keep, some I gave away. Maybe some will find their way to another Bob that will be tickled pink to have them.

Kaywoodie Sterling GF POY
Kaywoodie Gold Series Bent Dublin
Tinsky Coral Bent Apple

These are the first pipes I have purchased in probably two years. The Kaywoodies are the first what I would call "new era" Kaywoodies that I have owned and I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with them! :)

GFPOY07.jpg

KaywoodieGold1.jpg

tinsky2.jpg

Mark