What have you never tried?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 come immediately to mind...

1. Mixture 79 - for the same reason as D&B. It can't really be as bad as its reputation, can it? If so, that's the sort of disaster that I need to experience for myself to believe.

2. GLP Gaslight. I'm a huge fan of GLP and he's never really let me down...I just haven't had the chance to try his newest concoction.

3. SG Firedance Flake. I'm not usually a huge aromatic fan, but I've had a bit of a sweet tooth lately - the description and reviews make me think that this might be what I'm looking for.

4. CD Star of the East Flake. I actually have two tins of this in my cellar, I just haven't cracked 'em yet. I expect that I'll have knocked this one off the list by mid-Autumn.

To get back ON Topic I'll start with the A's (remember, YOU ASKED what we have NOT tried?  :twisted: )
*ALL 7 of the Ashton blends
*ALL 8 of the Astley's blends
*All 9 of Brebbia's blends
*All 8 of Brighams's blends
*5 of the Butera blends
*All 4 o the CAO blends
*All 15 of the Captain Earles blends
*All 7 of the Castello blends
*All 7 of the Chonewitsch blends
*35 of the 36 blends made by Dan Tobbacco
*All 29 of the Daughters & Ryan blends
Shall I continue as there's only 22 more letters left in the alphabet that have blends made ?  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Everybody else here has tried 'em ALL I'm sure !! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":acbb5hny said:
To get back ON Topic I'll start with the A's (remember, YOU ASKED what we have NOT tried?  :twisted: )
*ALL 7 of the Ashton blends
*ALL 8 of the Astley's blends
*All 9 of Brebbia's blends
*All 8 of Brighams's blends
*5 of the Butera blends
*All 4 o the CAO blends
*All 15 of the Captain Earles blends
*All 7 of the Castello blends
*All 7 of the Chonewitsch blends
*35 of the 36 blends made by Dan Tobbacco
*All 29 of the Daughters & Ryan blends
Shall I continue as there's only 22 more letters left in the alphabet that have blends made ?  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Everybody else here has tried 'em ALL I'm sure !! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 
Very thorough!!!! :lol:

Yes, Mixture 79 is on my never-tried-it list, also. I might have to remedy that for curiosity's sake. :scratch:

To make my reply more complete here's some more!  :twisted: :twisted: 

* All 5 of the Davidoff blends
* All 8 of the Drew Estate blends
*All 7 of the Erik Stkkebye tinned blends
*All 24 of the Esoterica blends
*5 brothers
* 4 of the 11 blends made by Fribourg & Treyer
* 5 of the 8 tined blends made by GH & Co.
*5 of the tinned Germain blends now sold over here.
*All of the Hearth & Home blends
*Heine's
*2 of the James J. Fox mixtures
*8 of the 10 John Aylesbury mixtures
Well I'm only up to the Js but since  no one has mentioned having NOT tried these I guess ALL those responding HAVE ?  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":kjtwuifq said:
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Everybody else here has tried 'em ALL I'm sure !! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 
The first person that comes to mind who may have tried them all would be JimInks.. LOL

I've sampled 300-400 blends, but with nearly 5000 of them on TR.com alone, there are, and will likely always be, far more blends that I haven't tried than that I have.

To clarify, what I was thinking of in my OP were the very familiar, well-loved blends that you haven't tried. Think of a film buff who's never seen Citizen Kane or a jazz lover who's never listened to Kind of Blue. That sort of thing, only with tobacco, if that makes sense.

fsu92john":njmdrzne said:
To clarify, what I was thinking of in my OP were the very familiar, well-loved blends that you haven't tried. Think of a film buff who's never seen Citizen Kane or a jazz lover who's never listened to Kind of Blue. That sort of thing, only with tobacco, if that makes sense.
OH!! You meant the group APPROVED blends that EVERYONE needs to smoke !! Only ONE blender for those, the ketchup folks up in KC of course !! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OK so I'll amend my small list to include several of the new C&D and Savinelli releases. To wit-

003-016-0199.jpg

Named in honor of Pierre Chenet, the farmer accredited with discovering the process that turns Burley into Perique in 1824, this combination of Virginia and Perique, pressed into an old-fashioned crumble cake, is a Perique powerhouse for those who simply can’t get enough of this “truffle of tobaccos.”

003-016-0198.jpg

Arguably the most famous of Louisiana’s antebellum mansions, and certainly the most immediately recognizable, Oak Alley is a splendid namesake for this cellar worthy, new American standard. After establishing an impeccable partnership between sweet Red Virginias and white/brown Burleys, discreet amounts of Perique and Katirini Turkish are added to enhance both the flavor, as well as promote the coolest smoke imaginable.

Savinelli Doblone d'Oro
"The choicest Virginias, Burleys and dark fired Kenyan leaf are enhanced with an impeccable addition of spicy Perique, then aged to perfection before being spun into enticingly beautiful, zesty coins. A delightfully vivacious and flavorful smoke."

Savinelli Brunello Flake
"An impeccably structured blend. Featuring a foundation of sweet, tangy Virginias and cool burning Burleys, a dash of Macedonian leaf is added to round out the mixture and add a hint of the exotic. The different leafs are then aged as one, in order to marry and harmonize flavor, prior to being pressed into a tantalizing flake."

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude, you should definitely try the two Savinelli blends. I am very much enjoying them.

Let's just say my 'baccy's tried/liked number in the low 100's; the one's I haven't tried, in the thousand's. And, yes, Mixture #79 is awful, right next to Paladin's Black Cherry IMHO!!!!!! FTRPLT

fsu92john":8q6xmsvm said:
clan_zps2342c067.jpg

I want to know if the horror stories are true.
Too bad I already gave the pouch of #79 I was trying, I would have gladly sent it to you! As for clan, I am ordering some for the same reason, and will gladly share it when it arrives this fall

There's actually quite a few as I've only been smoking a pipe in earnest for the last two years. I tend to only smoke a couple evenings a week and need to work through what's already in jars before I crack open new tins.

It may sound crazy but I just don't buy into the Esoterica hype. Eventually the hype will pass and I'll buy some them. Why bother when there are so many others to try. Especially when I only smoke a couple bowls a week unlike many of you that smoke several per day.

The ones I want to try but just haven't yet for no good reasons are:
Night cap
All the frog Morton's
Tudor castle
Bag piper`s dream
Arcadia
Black shag
Perique
Morning pipe

I have had stonehaven, Rob gave me my first taste of it back when I was a 3 days in member of Bob's. Now I'm cursed, can't find it at all...

Sloth":e2nj6rlo said:
I have never tried Escudo.
Don't. Cart will like you better as it will leave more for him !! :twisted: :twisted: