What Im Truly Thankful For ( warning... word heavy )

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thistleoak

Reaction score
Ive been doing a lot of thinking this week ( I know thats a dangerous pass time)  but when you're alone in a truck cab for 50% of your day and either tromping through the woods or crawling through God know what to kill some rodents or nightmare fuel ( spiders , wasps, cockroaches,snakes truly the list is endless) the other 50% you have a lot of time to contemplate your spot in the universe...  I am truly thankful for so much... Im thankful for my parents and the strong family bonds and endless work ethic they taught me.  In my family we may argue but even if we aren't speaking to each other for the moment if the other is in need we have each others backs.  Im thankful for my grandmother's  my dads mom teaching me that its ok for boys to be boys, how to can preserves and make the worlds best cornbread ( real cornbread not that sorry excuse yanks call cornbread that we rebs call Johnny Cake... yes I live in the north but my childhood and roots are based in Louisiana) Arky has my back on this one :)  my other grandmother teaching me to read and stoke the fires of my love of the great wilderness.  My grandfather for teaching me to have the courage to explore the wilderness and always look for adventure in all that i do.  Im thankful for the fact that I went through the Hell of a bad first marriage when i was a young man, going through that taught me to appreciate my childhood best friend and now Wife Ranelle.  Oh My Sweet Ranelle... I truly thank the creator for my stubborn , funny, smart and beautiful pollock of a wife!  My son Aidyn... who is the best gift life has ever given me.  Im so proud of how he has grown from a little redheaded baby into one of my best friends and a smart , courageous all around generous young man.  Im thankful for the time that my father in law was in my life, we drove each other crazy with our idiosyncrasies, but we loved each other no matter what.  I am proud of all the lessons that he taught me over the years the biggest one being that life is too short to hold grudges and always be sure to mend your bridges... we will cross them on the way through life and we will cross them again on the way to the close of our lives... He loved me like a father loves a son and i loved him as a son loves a Father. Im thankful for the fact that i was able to mend bridges with a man as Hardworking and dedicated as Zach.  He is many years my junior but age being just a number has helped to teach me to be a better man and a friend a friend would like to have.  Im thankful to have met and become friends with Lonecoyote and Arky.  Yotie and I have such amazingly deep and intellectual conversations. He helps to make me think outside of the box and inspires me to keep growing to become the man I want to be when i get older.  I truly look up to Ted and am blessed to speak with him on a daily basis, it brightens my day no matter what i am up to or what new adventure i will be undertaking.  I am thankful to call Arky a good friend as well, I look at him and laugh as he reminds me of myself when i was in my twenties.  He is such a hard working family man with an unrivalled sense of humor. Im thankful to have gotten to talk to and get to know Blackhorse.  We dont talk often , but when we do I take away a message and or lesson.  All of us young bucks would consider ourselves lucky to become half the man he is.  Im thankful for Ozark, warlock, Kaplan and Carlos as they always know the perfect thing to add to a thread to make me chuckle.   I am thankful that I fought cancer and won.  Being diagnosed and going through treatments softened my temperment, made me learn to slow down and appreciate the small things in life because we never know when our time is up, we need to soak everyday in because we dont know if it will be our last. Last but not least I am thankful for everyone reading this. All the members of this community are AMAZING , the way we interact and share our specialties, the way we teach each other is a thing of beauty in my eyes.... I consider each and everyone of you a friend and am BLESSED to have you all in my life even if we dont speak to one another daily.  Thank you for being you!

arkansaspiper":l1d2a5s5 said:
For sure real southern cornbread and sweet tea lol I love ya brother
Love you too man. Enjoy the off time with your family. And for the love of pete lets see more piggie pics :)

Alex, thank you for sharing your most inner feelings with all of us. Also, I appreciate the kind words you mentioned about me and the other members of the BoB. It takes a true man to sit back and write your most inner feelings and what you've learned from life so far. Correct, age is only a number, it's how one holds himself in mind, body and soul. Most important, I'm extremely glad I joined this forum, because I would not have met you, your a true friend with a good heart, what more can I say.... :king: :king: :king:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Forgot too also mention: even though my roots are from the North, I know how to make what I believe is the best corn bread...I use creamed corn in my own recipe. Cooking was always a passion of mine, went to the Island of Malta on business back in 1987. I ended up staying for a few years and opened a restaurant and separate bar. What an amazing experience!! Meeting people from all around the world was one of my greatest pleasures in life so far, will never forget those days :cheers: :cheers:
My first pleasure in life was the almost 5 years ( 1975-1980 ) I had with my fiancée, my soulmate. She is an always will be in my HEART FOREVER.

KEP ON PUFFING!!!

That's a heart warming post Alex, thanks for sharing all that. You are truly blessed with so many positive things, friends, family members, and experiences. May it always be so.

8)

Cheers,

RR

Splendid heart warming reading that, Alex old bean. It's refreshing that folks are able to stop for a moment, as you have done, and truly see what riches life has for us. I have learnt a lot reading your post Alex, so...

Thank you!

Most excellent read and share! It's good to have reflective times in positive light. Very heartwarming!

When I read your meditation, Thistleoak, I thought. "Here's a fella who pays appreciative attention to the people around him and expresses it in ways that other people can appreciate. Very well done." Thank you.