WHAT is going on with THIS site ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't connect earlier today; the thingy just kept spinning around. The only site, but OK later.

I am having major issues with the site today. Very slow loading. It doesn't matter what machine or net connection.

Been like greased lightning today.  Notifications are coming in quick.  The slow loading is sometimes a DNS problem with a service provider.  Those usually resolve themselves in a day or so at most.  An hour might be typical.  I haven't seen that in several years myself.

Was very slow loading for me when I first got on this afternoon. Much like the dial up I used to have. Other sites not affected.

It seemed to resolve itself after 15 min or so. Going good now.

cheers,

RR

I just walked in the door not too long ago, poured me a sierra nevada tumbler and then got on here. Everything is blazing fast now :/ stoopid time warner at work i guess.

d4klutz":s47qg434 said:
I just walked in the door not too long ago, poured me a sierra nevada tumbler and then got on here.  Everything is blazing fast now :/  stoopid time warner at work i guess.
It wasn't just you--the site has only just started working for me after being barely usable earlier today.

It was verrrrrrrry slow for me most of the day, worse then dial up.
In the years I've been here this year has been the only time I've had problems
with the site, in fact just these last few months. Somethings a miss here. :suspect:

Carlos: "The slow loading is sometimes a DNS problem with a service provider."

Last month we had a bad day with Charter. Swapped the DNS in the router to Google's DNS. Not a problem since.

I did not even know about the workings of a DNS database until then.

Couldn't get on at all yesterday...logged on early and that was it til last night when I was able to log off.
This has happened at least three times in the past three months.

I was one of the brothers with 'slow loading' yesterday, between 30 seconds and 3 minutes for each change. Things seem up to speed this morning!

This morning I visited several forums and various other websites. Two behaved poorly, they were both forumotion forums. It seems to me the forumotion host is having issues and it has nothing to do with your local providers.

I'm more inclined to believe it's the admins and mods of this site randomly harassing people. Hey it's feasable.

And here I thought maybe I broke the darn thing. Yesterday morning I had just typed up a TAD post, hit send, and got a blank web page back for my trouble. I gave up trying the site until a few minutes ago. Glad to see it's back!

Anyway I'm not gonna complain too much since I don't pay to use it. :)

I'm at a different 'puter this am but it's back to yesterday's performance!! I'll have to see what it's like at home this afternoon ! With this blinding speed of performance I'll have to get my old Commodore 64 'puter out of the closet to keep up with it !!

If you have one and haven't ebayed it yet you can send it to me... I'll be glad to take that ole junk pile off your hands..

This is getting crazy! Back to 10 + minutes to get to post or read a thread ! Think I'll just go over to another Forum as this one looks like it's not going to work! Bye guys !