What is similar to Grousemoor

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

free_byrd15

Reaction score
A friend of mine smoked a bowl of it tonight and absolutely loved the stuff. He commented that it reminded him of incense. So I guess I have 2 questions.

1.) What would that tobacco/incense taste have been? I'm still learning a lot, but i've looked at the blend and if I were to guess, I'd say it's the Zimbabwe leaf.

and 2.) What other blends are similar? He has always been an aromatic smoker, so I was quite surprised when he said he liked it, so I told him I'd try to find out all I could about it.

Thanks!

free_byrd15":p28of1kk said:
A friend of mine smoked a bowl of it tonight and absolutely loved the stuff. He commented that it reminded him of incense. So I guess I have 2 questions.

1.) What would that tobacco/incense taste have been? I'm still learning a lot, but i've looked at the blend and if I were to guess, I'd say it's the Zimbabwe leaf.

and 2.) What other blends are similar? He has always been an aromatic smoker, so I was quite surprised when he said he liked it, so I told him I'd try to find out all I could about it.

Thanks!
I haven't smoked it but based upon that description I am guessing that it has some Lakeland tobaccos in it?

I've burned my way through a fair amount of Grousmoor over the years, but probably only smoke it once or twice a year these days. It's a Lakeland scent, but stronger and unlike any of the others they produce. I'm terrible at describing scents, but I find it more soapy than any of the other Lakelands, and much stronger in that scent. I've really fallen for many of their flakes these days, both scented and unscented, but I find Grousmoor in a whole different taste category.

Probably more than the strong scent, the shag cut and rather hot, fast burn isn't to my liking. I can't think of anything that's like it.

Natch