What is your favorite cigar?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm partial to the LGC Series R, Hoyo de Monterrey Governors and Sultans and Punch Maduros, particularly the Chateau L. But truthfully, I've switched from cigars & pipes to pipes & cigars in order of preference. I'd say it's cheaper, but not when you've got a bad case of PAD.

Tim: We have similar history and taste buds. I've done the Hoyos and the Puch and now I'm onto Partagas Black Label. Try a Black Label Magnifico. You will like it. Cut an inch off the stick and grind it for a second and watch how much leaf you can keep in a small jar from just one inch of your cigar. Then add a pinch of that leaf to your pipe tobacco for a great condimet smoke. I've just finished a bowl of GLP Maltese Falcon with Partagas leaf. It's very good. I've also just been chatting on the web with Greg L P. He suggested trying some cigar leaf with his Fillmore blend also.

Rockey Patel Vintage 1990, 1992 and 1999 CT. also RP Decade. CAO L'Annivarsaires Cameroon, Cusano 18 CT, Gurkah Master Select after it's been in the humidor for 5 years.

Ashton-VSG-Belicoso-cigars-stick.gif

Ashton VSG (Virgin Sun Grown). A bit pricey, but worth every penny!

Hemingway Short Story
LGC Wavell
Padron 1964 Anniv Exclusivo / Principe
Por Larranaga PC (with 3-5 yrs age)
Puros Indios Viejo

tslots":4ic93nmx said:
Hemingway Short Story
LGC Wavell
Padron 1964 Anniv Exclusivo / Principe
Por Larranaga PC (with 3-5 yrs age)
Puros Indios Viejo
The Hem Short Stories are great but pricey where I am
I'm VERY partial to a Henry Clay Breva Fina (48x6.5) when I can even find them. I know it's not in the league of some of the previously mentioned favorites but it is a very impressive cigar considering the cost. About $3 per stick. Described as peppery and spicy.

WaydeG":ceak2tl3 said:
The Hem Short Stories are great but pricey where I am
I'm VERY partial to a Henry Clay Breva Fina (48x6.5) when I can even find them. I know it's not in the league of some of the previously mentioned favorites but it is a very impressive cigar considering the cost. About $3 per stick. Described as peppery and spicy.
The Short Story is very pricey where I live too ($7+) due to high taxes and overhead. That's why I haven't purchased locally in years. I usually get these by the box online (in the $100-$125 range), so the cost per was not so drastic.

Still way more than a bowl of my favorite pipe tobacco though ...

La aurora robustos, Vegas de Fonseca, el Rey del Mondo Robusto Larga, Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve. Partagas Almirante. And I could go on and on. So many great smokes out there. And just about anything made by Fuente.
Doc

Guest":l6i0pf8k said:
I know. Tough question for some. If I had to choose just one it would be the Rocky Patel Sun Grown followed by the Rocky Patel Edge Maduro (torpedo size)
Mmmm...RP Sungrown. Yeah, that's a great stick. I'm a Rocky man, myself.

My favorites:

1) Ashton VSG (expensive as hell, though)
2) J.L. Salazar y Hermanos Reserva Especial (these are just fabulous, and they have email specials on them from time to time)
3) Rocky Patel Vintage 1992
4) Rocky Patel Cain Maduro
5) Graycliff 1666 Pirate (I know, they're cheap, but I like 'em)
6) Diesel Unholy Cocktail (maduro)

I could go on and on. And there are a lot of cigars I'm sure would be added to my favorites but I haven't gotten around to smoking them yet, like the Rocky Patel Daytona. Oh, and I love the Cain F, too, but it knocks me on my ass with that nicotine uppercut.

Oooh! And the Rocky Patel Decade! Wonderful stick. Ok, I'm gonna quit now.

My favorite cigar is the Padron 1926, but since they're so expensive I only smoke them on special occasions. These are my 5 favorite regular smokes in no particular order since my taste changes from day to day on whether I want a maduro, corojo, sun grown etc....

Illusione MJ12
Tatuaje Miami
My Father Le Bijou 1922
Diamond Crown Maximus
Oliva serie V

and pretty much anything blended by Pepin Garcia...he is a cigar rock star right now.

Padron 1926 Anniversary Maduro No. 2
Liga Privada T52 Toro
Ashton VSG Sorcerer
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Presidente
Arturo Fuente Anejo #46

Lately, my go to cigar has been the Don Pepin Garcia Blue label. It's full bodied heaven ! Espresso, coffee, cocoa, with a nutty after taste. Just about all the cigars in this line are good, but the blue is my favorite.

love anything by CAO or Romeo Y Julietta. One of my most memorable smokes that started my on my cigar collecting bender was a CAO MX2. Wonderful smokes, they'll always have a place in my heart and humidor.

There are too many variables for me to pick just one favorite.

My favorite ISOMs are the Cohiba Siglo II, HdM Epicure No 1, SCdlH Oficios & Principe, Juan Lopez No 1, Partagas 898 and the BBF.

The NCs are the Tatuaje Black Petit Lancero & Face, Illusione MK & HL Candela, Emilio AF-1, Rodrigo Habano Classico and a well-aged Opus X Power Ranger. I've also become quite fond of the PDR 1878 Cubano Especial coronas and lanceros.

My tastes in cigars vary by season and I find I enjoy smoking more when I don't get in a rut unless I really have a yen.

First of all, not to be a snob, Cuba still makes the finest cigars on the planet. Nicaragua has a long way to go to fulfill it's promise, IMHO. For instance, most of the highest rated smokes, whether from Nic or DR, are said or made to be "cubanesque." Nough said.

Cuban - THIS YEAR

Behike 54 (duh!)
Partagas SD Especial EL 2010
Trinidad Robusto Extra 08
RASS 08
BFF 08
Monte PE 06
Upmann 46 Mag 08
Cohiba Reserva Seleccion 03
Trinidad Fundy ANY YEAR
Cohiba Gran Reserva
Cohiba 2011 EL 1966
Robaina (anything)
Parti Lusi
HDM Dbl Rob
Punch-Punch and Church

NC

Viaje Exclusivo Blend (ANY vitola)
LP Dirty Rat (LP is really all about the RAT, everything else is a blunt instrument)
Quesada Espana
Casa Magna Domus Magnus
Elogio LSV Bonitas EL
Opus X Lost City
Viaje Reserva #6
Tatuaje TAA <-- my winter go to this year along with CMDM

Variety is the spice of life, but if I could smoked aged cuban tobacco everyday, I would.

It’s hard to put a finger on (1) favorite, because for me it's a circumstantial thing. I like some RP's and definitely the Oliva series V. But…
I find the consistency of the Opus X to be bothersome (@#!-Ducks flying objects), sorry but in my opinion it’s true. I think they used to be better.
My favorite was a CAO Extreme box press, but they don't have them anymore.
For an all around inexpensive smoke National Brand (yes a cheap bundled) has a very nice if just a little too mild flavor, but for an outside working in the yard everyday smoke between 2 and 3 bucks, you really can’t beat it.