What makes you feel young?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
The previous thread was very helpful because we are all fortunately are getting older and its helpful sharing some common complaints or feelings. Perhaps this is enough. Never the less, its also important to ask if there are times when you feel younger. Bike ridding make me feel younger.

Being able to bend over and touch my toes...without bending my knees.
Being able to do a cartwheel on the front lawn without hurting myself.
Being able to swim 2500 yards in an hour and 10 minutes...without wishing I hadn't the next day.
Being able to do P90X without throwing up.
Throwing water balloons with my kids while jumping on the trampoline, with the hose running full tilt.
Being able to watch back-to-back movies without getting bored.
Playing a video game on my iPhone every now and then.
Eating potato chips ON my sandwiches, just to have that bit of crunch in every bite.
Enjoying silly candy like Nerds Ropes without feeling guilty.
Kicking a soccer ball to with the neighbor kid...and being able to keep up with him.
Throwing paper airplanes with my kids.
Shaving my head completely bald because I want to, not because I have to. (But that's starting to be a bit of stretch:D )

Playing my primary instrument (guitar) and composing/recording music keeps me young.

That, and doing the same basic job I've had for 25 years and still enjoying it.

:tongue: 

Cheers,

RR

All the old farts hanging in BoB make me feel young. Just one of the many reasons I like chilling here with my pipe.

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: 

I'll be 30 in September, and I can still dunk a basketball/keep up with D1 college players.

The adrenaline rush of the thrill of the chase -- especially when it culminates in scoring a treasure. As in the (very) occasional pipe on Flea Buy. It's one of the few joys that never ages.

:face: 

I feel pretty spry when I am not looking for my bifocals or getting my knees limber in the morning. Working with kids at school or in church keeps me on my toes.

I suspect any time I am learning something, it reminds me that I am a perpetual student and don't know everything. Once I stop growing intellectually, spiritually, or emotionally and atrophy starts taking its toll, I think I WILL be old regardless of the calendar.

I remember when I first started teaching, and I would look at the people on the faculty who had been at it 30+ years. I have to say I did not find many good role models. I promised myself I would not be "that guy" and retire before I started teaching the same lessons year after year from the doomsday notebook with the yellowed pages.

Inside I feel around 25-30 years old. The trouble is when I see my reflection. It doesn't agree with my mental image :scratch: 

:lol!:

exploring new places with my wife makes me feel young. Playing with my dog makes me feel young. Making pipes makes me feel young.

rev

Return to playing classical guitar. Sor, Sagreras, Cano, Tarrega...