What movie are you watching?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rhode Island. Born, raised, married, practiced law, retired, and moved to Maryland to be near one daughter and her burgeoning family. I lived in Boston three years while going to law school (Boston University).
@Bud Savoie01
Where in New England? I grew up just north of Boston starting in Everett and then Malden. Currently I'm in Southern New Hampshire.

Did you visit L. J. Peretti's, Ehrlich's or Leavitt and Pierce during your time in Boston?
I HAUNTED them! After graduation (1968), I was drafted and sent to Vietnam, where I had Ehrlich's send me two pounds at a time of tobacco. Vietnam did grow a couple of types of tobacco, but they were awful stuff. The black kind could only be smoked in one of their bamboo water pipes, and the brown variety smelled and tasted like pencil shavings.

@Bud Savoie01
My favorite Ehrlich's blend was Black & Gold and a friend choose Dark Honey as his! I was in there one Saturday morning in the late 70's and met the pipe maker who pointed out a second he had just added to the basket pipes. After learning from him about Birdseye grain I bought the pipe and have enjoyed it many times over the years!
17020964805705400994929353859516.jpg

I watched The Infiltrator on Neflicks and enjoyed it.
I also saw Oppenheimer it had rave reviews I found it boring and fragmented and fast forwarded it a few times very disappointed. I really enjoyed the doco about it called To End All War:Oppenheimer and the Bomb on foxtel.

I've been watching Netflix docudramas, Rise of Empires: Ottoman, Alexander: the Making of a God, Marco Polo, Wormwood, and others. Keep in mind, these are docudramas...I suspect some licence is take with the facts for the purpose of dramatization. That can of course be said of any documentary as well. I do find them interesting and frequently fact check episodes online after ward.

Watched 'Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan' again great movie.

Outnumbered, outgunned, never out of courage - 'Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan' is an exhilarating and hard-hitting war thriller based on the unbelievable true story of The Battle of Long Tan. Major Harry Smith (Travis Fimmel) and his company of 108 young and inexperienced Australian and New Zealand soldiers are fighting for their lives in the Battle of Long Tan. With 2,500 battle-hardened Viet Cong soldiers closing in, their ammunition running out and casualties mounting, each man...