What movie are you watching?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
61ieBMGixzL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Got about an hour into this vid and then it froze. It's the disc and not my player. Pissed me off but frankly I wasn't really enjoying it anyways.

Cheers,

RR

71oZMFTuUGL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Always loved this series back in the day and once had a bunch of VHS tapes of various episodes. Never had seen it from the beginning though. So now I embark on that journey, courtesy of my library.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":id76l4rw said:
71oZMFTuUGL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Always loved this series back in the day and once had a bunch of VHS tapes of various episodes. Never had seen it from the beginning though. So now I embark on that journey, courtesy of my library.

Cheers,

RR
Nice! Have you watched any of the new Picard episodes on CBS access? I haven't but I hear they are good.

Next Generation was the one I grew up with. They are what I think of when I think of Star Trek.

I just finished season 3 of Mad Men. I'm watching through the series again after watching it when it first aired. Wonderful writing, design and direction.

Fight'n Hampsters":o84uea3v said:
Nice! Have you watched any of the new Picard episodes on CBS access? I haven't but I hear they are good.

Next Generation was the one I grew up with. They are what I think of when I think of Star Trek.
I saw something about the Picard series but don't have CBS access. I grew up with the original Start Trek.

Cheers,

RR

Don't know if these films were previously mentioned....but, the 2020 version of "THE GRUDGE".

In fact, all the iterations of the original, "Ju-On" movies ("The Grudge") were eerie, especially the original version and the version with Sarah Michelle Gellar/Bill Pullman. The latest 2020 version- with the story told in flashbacks- can be quite startling for some.

All, worth watching if eerie movies are your pleasure. Binge-watch on a rainy night, with a pipe.

History Prof 1861":uzou8n6n said:
The Great Escape...

Had to relax after doing plumbing work in the bathroom...
One of my go-to movies. Never get tired of it.

8)

Working my way through season 3 of Star Trek The Next Generation right now.

Cheers,

RR

I’m working my way thru DS9 currently

I forgot how good the character development and writing got on that series.

History Prof 1861":33qqqiz7 said:

I tried to get into this series but it didn't catch for some reason. Maybe I should give it another chance.

For me so far, TNG has been the pinnacle of Roddenberry's vision.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":scx97jbk said:
History Prof 1861":scx97jbk said:

I tried to get into this series but it didn't catch for some reason. Maybe I should give it another chance.

For me so far, TNG has been the pinnacle of Roddenberry's vision.

Cheers,

RR
DS9 was never one of my favorites (probably least favorite of all ST series). Finishing up Voyager right now.

Had to re-watch this classic and was not disappointed -

71fRCSIwmUL._AC_UY218_.jpg

And following that I just saw the remake which I am very impressed with-

71FAwuQht2L._AC_UY218_.jpg

I was prepared to not like this knowing the original but gotta say it was well done in every way. Really followed the original plot along with all the colloquialisms that would have been used back then. All the actors were very accomplished. The ending was quite different from the original, however it served to give it a unique and ironic twist. Highly recommended!

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":eg5o39lj said:
81af3-RoedL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Saw this when it first came out and just revisited. Pretty powerful message which clearly applies to the time we're now living in. Prophetic?

Cheers,

RR
Check out Contagion too, Rande, starring Matt Damon. I watched it a few weeks ago and although it was made approx 10 years ago, it was like watching a docudrama about Covid 19.