What movie are you watching?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
index.aspx

A movie about nothing. Meh!

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Just started this box set of the 32 episodes of season one. I first saw the series when it came out in '63 and some of the episodes were lost on me due to their nature and my age (11). Still, I remember there were suspenseful moments and enjoyed the horror themed ones the best. Re-watching these brings back memories and they are quite well done for their era with special effects being what they were back then.

Cheers,

RR

Not movie, but a series... Poldark on Netflix.

Watching it is like a homecoming for me as I'm originally from the SW of England. Good enough to hold me for several series, although I do smile at the actors' efforts to carry off a SW accent :)

If you're interested in late 1700s SW England it might be worth a look.

Watched "The Hound of the Baskervilles" last night with Peter Cushing as Sherlock Holmes.
Always one of my favorites.

Perhaps inspired by Brewdude’s recent binge on Steven King books, I watched The Shining.

I might have missed something, but as Brewdude puts it so well...

Meh!

Perhaps inspired by Brewdude’s recent binge on Steven King books, I watched The Shining.

I might have missed something, but as Brewdude puts it so well...

Meh!

Pity you didn't enjoy it squire. I find it's one of my go-to movies and I'll watch it at least once/yr. One of Nicholson's finest IMHO.

Cheers,

RR

Pity you didn't enjoy it squire. I find it's one of my go-to movies and I'll watch it at least once/yr. One of Nicholson's finest IMHO.

Cheers,

RR
Yes, I thought Nicholson was outstanding. I’m guessing it was one of the films that catapulted him to stardom. It was the story line I struggled with. Perhaps not a surprise as that was the first film of that genre that I’ve watched in approximately 20 years. The occult and all things dark aren’t really my bag.

Yes, I thought Nicholson was outstanding. I’m guessing it was one of the films that catapulted him to stardom. It was the story line I struggled with. Perhaps not a surprise as that was the first film of that genre that I’ve watched in approximately 20 years. The occult and all things dark aren’t really my bag.

Not to worry mate. Your tastes are your tastes and mine are mine. Jolly good to know you approved of Nicholson's performance. He really comes across as a man possessed!

:eek:

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Just finished season 5 and have to say that these episodes are some of the finest in the entire saga. The standout episodes include the ones with Spock ("Unification pt 1 and 2"), "The Game" (featuring an addicting game that threatens the entire crew), "I, Borg" (featuring "Hugh" the Borg), "The First Duty" (featuring Wesley Crusher involved in a fatal flying accident and attempted cover-up at Starfleet Academy), and especially "The Inner Light" (featuring Picard in another life as he marries and has children and grows old). That last one really got to me. Very well done series!

:cool:

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Just finished season 5 and have to say that these episodes are some of the finest in the entire saga. The standout episodes include the ones with Spock ("Unification pt 1 and 2"), "The Game" (featuring an addicting game that threatens the entire crew), "I, Borg" (featuring "Hugh" the Borg), "The First Duty" (featuring Wesley Crusher involved in a fatal flying accident and attempted cover-up at Starfleet Academy), and especially "The Inner Light" (featuring Picard in another life as he marries and has children and grows old). That last one really got to me. Very well done series!

:cool:

Cheers,

RR
Yea it seems like season 3 or 4 is where Star Treks really take off, shame they cancelled Enterprise after season 4 because it probably would have been one of the best

index.aspx

Just finished up season two so am now totally caught up on all the episodes. Some really good ones in both seasons and a few that were boring. Most of these I don't remember seeing but never was a die-hard fan when it was first aired.

Cheers,

RR

Forgot to add that watching the entire Outer Limits series I saw a great many budding actors that would go on to do great things - like William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy (although not in the same episode), Robert Culp, David Macallum, and others. Some went on to perform in the "Twilight Zone" which was aired around the same time and some went on to other venues.

In any case it seems as though a great many talents started from "The Outer Limits".

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Just finished the 7th and last season. The final episode was mind boggling good. Kind of brought the whole series to a conclusion and tied it all together. Color me impressed!

(y)

Cheers,

RR