What movie are you watching?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO one of the best movies he made. Also one of the best Westerns ever made. Not sure what year it was made but surprised he or Jeffery Hunter(?) didn't receive Oscars for their acting.

IMHO one of the best movies he made. Also one of the best Westerns ever made. Not sure what year it was made but surprised he or Jeffery Hunter(?) didn't receive Oscars for their acting.
totally agree with you @Mikem

this morning I started to watch again "Band of Brothers", I remembered it from many years ago as one of my favourite miniseries, this afternoon I continued watching it and I will continue watching it until I finish, I guess tonight while my insomnia lasts.

Hermanos_de_sangre_.jpg

index.aspx

I went through seasons 1-6 and really enjoyed them. Am now on season 7 and there seems to be something different that I can't put my finger on. Maybe it's new writers, maybe it's that the show is starting to get a little long in the tooth, maybe it's due to the subject matter running out of the patent gags and scenarios that worked so well in the other seasons. Dunno. All I do know is season 7 isn't doing much for me so far. Time will tell if I end up finishing it and/or going on to the last 2 seasons.

Cheers?

RR

Not a movie...new TV thing on SiFi channel...Resident Alien. Funny. Instant cult classic. The lead, Alan Tudyk, is a beloved tragic character in the gigantic cult classic Serendipity/Firefly thing. Anyway...funny show.

And now...back to movies...

On Netflix, Sophia Loren in The Life Ahead a recent film (2020)

Wiki:
"Madam Rosa is a former prostitute and Holocaust survivor. She provides childcare for the children of "working women." After a 12-year old Senegalese street kid robs her, she reluctantly agrees to take him in. They develop a deep bond and she tries to help him find his way in life, as he learns she is both a Holocaust survivor and an ex-prostitute.[1]
The Life Ahead holds a 91% approval rating on review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, based on 82 reviews, with a weighted average of 7.00/10."

In subtitles. I found it to be excellent, but filled with sorrow.

I've had Netflix since it became a streaming service and weeks can go by when I don't see what's available. My daughters probably view Netflix on their TVs more than broadcast TV, except for local news. I have several friends who have Netflix, basic Hulu, and Amazon Prime(for the free shipping, movies and TV) and say it's all the TV and Movie programming anyone could ever need, but they only watch sports if it's available via an antenna.

Last edited:
See if you can find...”The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra”. Incredible cinematic experience!

View attachment 731
Picked one of my favorite sci-fi romcom 'tongue-in-cheek' movies. Producers nailed the 50's/60's cheap-o drive-in B-movies.
If you can, get ahold of The Lost Skeleton Returns Again (2009) watch it. Not as 'fresh' as The Lost Skeleton, but still gobs of fun.
lost.JPG

Another vote for “The Dig”. Ralph Fiennes is a great character in it. A treasure equivalent to Sutton Hoo.

I’ve looked at a bunch of stories about the treasure they pulled out of there. More than impressive. I doubt all the side stories are accurate, or even genuine, but it was a good pic anyway.
EE3FC0E7-72A0-4284-9B07-0A19B1A073C5.jpeg