What movie are you watching?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched Sherlock Holmes in the "The Hound of the Baskervilles" 1959 version! Last saw it in 1959; I was 13 years old! Peter Cushing does a wonderful Sherlock while smoking at least four different pipes (all bents, but no calabash). Dr. Watson (Andre Morell) smoked several ones also; only his were all straight or bent bulldogs. FTRPLT

index.aspx

The remake. Meh!

Cheers,

RR

I am quite embarrassed. I have watched this movie three times, beginning to end and I still have no idea what it's about. I've really tried. I know it's based on a video game. I read the Wiki after the first viewing. The reviews say it's the best movie ever based on a video game.
71DRVybvPsL._SL1500_.jpg

Watching to me is a Western classic. Quigley Down Under (or The Rifle co-starring Tom Selleck). The movie got me into old western rifles and pistols. The 1885 Shiloh Sharps in the movie is a 45-110. I have three 1885's, a Winchester, a Browning and a Pedoriselli. All with octagon barrels but in 45-90. The dang ladder sight on the Pederoselli almost cost me half the price of the gun. LOL. Great shooters but not for the faint of heart. I'm getting to old so I cheat and wear a sholder pad. I even reload and cast my own 519 grain bullets. Winchester actually made a 45-90 lever action but could never afford one so I had to settle for a 45-70, favorite pistol round is the 45 long Colt, which besides my pistols I have several lever actions (all with octagon barrels).

I don’t know how to post a fancy picture but yesterday I watched Goodfellows and today I watched another great film, Waterworld