What movie are you watching?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
index.aspx

:cool:

Cheers,

RR

Since tech has broadened the definition of “movie” to embrace more than Hollywood, etc. I’ll list a streaming piece that is quite interesting…

The production values seem very strong, beautiful…the actors/acting are/is quite good.

One of my favorite series from my favorite author.

1097A4B5-AA59-4649-A901-408F0D379FD8.jpeg

Talk about one you haven’t seen in forever…how about “Watch Out, Crimson Bat!” The Japanese must have some kind of tradition re blind swordsmen, and in this case women. Much like the famous Zatoichi series this is about a lone wandering Samurai type (Ronin) who is blind but finds no problem in knowing in great detail what is going in around her and being able to hack and slash her way through any obstacle in the fight for Liberty and Justice for All (sounds pretty American to me)…even though she’s blind as a…wait for it…bat. Made in 1969.

3B9F4C0C-757E-4797-8BB1-9DED7F500720.jpeg

81LLLhUoexL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Count me in as a fanboy of DS9. Recently started getting the first several seasons in from my library, and was hooked immediately. Which sort of surprised me, as back when this was first aired I didn't think much of it. Perhaps now that I've watched all TNG episodes it prepared me for this further excursion.

Just now finished the 3rd season and have to say that it's holding my attention. I'll very likely go through all 7 seasons. Yes, there are episodes that don't particularly resonate with me but that's to be expected. Not a knock on the show. Just my experience fwiw.

I do particularly like the character development of the main players, including and especially Quark. What a hoot!

cheers

Cheers,

RR

81LLLhUoexL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Count me in as a fanboy of DS9. Recently started getting the first several seasons in from my library, and was hooked immediately. Which sort of surprised me, as back when this was first aired I didn't think much of it. Perhaps now that I've watched all TNG episodes it prepared me for this further excursion.

Just now finished the 3rd season and have to say that it's holding my attention. I'll very likely go through all 7 seasons. Yes, there are episodes that don't particularly resonate with me but that's to be expected. Not a knock on the show. Just my experience fwiw.

I do particularly like the character development of the main players, including and especially Quark. What a hoot!

cheers

Cheers,

RR
I would say DS9 is my least favorite of the Star Treks. Will have to try and give it a rewatch some time.

Just got home from a movie date with my wife. Pretty good one.

No Time To Die. Lead character is Bond…James Bond. Hottest honey in this one is Anna de Armas. She plays a British “junior agent” in Cuba who helps Bond after her “three week training course”. Funny, cause she kicks the holy crap outta 30 - 40 bad guys and shoots the crap outta the rest. And as always she’s GORGEOUS!!!

Did we like the movie…sure…it’s a Bond movie without Roger Moore. Nowhere near the level of Skyfall though.

B6A7DA6E-0931-4594-8B53-F6CFF74131E3.jpeg

index.aspx

Yes, very silly, corny, and campy. But silly is what I needed tonight. I was a fan of the show back in the day, and saw this movie when it first came out in '95. Good stuff!

Cheers,

RR

51MArL+fenL._AC_US218_.jpg

Muscle Shoals. A terrific documentary about the legendary recording studio in the town of the same name that was responsible for countless hits and records from the late 60's - 70's onward. Surprising how many name artists got their start here. Stuff we all listened to back then, and it was all done at this humble lil' studio in the cotton fields of 'bama! Highly recommended. Cheers, RR
Actually, two studios. Great film, watching it now, broadcast on axstv.