What movie are you watching?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It hooked me right away with the first 2-hr episode, although it did take a few more episodes to wrap my head around the new characters and how they all fit into the mix. Once again I'm glad for closed captioning, as I often have a problem understanding dialog. Now have the 2nd season and will probably go through all 7.

I guess back when this was broadcast originally in '95, I was too wrapped up in my career to watch much if any TV. I also missed DS9 and Next Generation in the same way, but have been catching up with them now through the courtesy of my library which is an excellent resource. Think I mentioned that the first season of "Picard" was way beyond excellent and I look forward to the next supplement.

I did watch the original ST when it came out and enjoyed it, but never to the point that I considered myself a "trekkie". Maybe I need to revise that!

😉

Cheers,

RR
I haven't seen Picard yet. I am quite a "trekkie". I remember when Next Generation came out when I was a kid, it was a family thing we would order pizza and all watch Star Trek. I think the order in which I enjoy them is Next Generation, Voyager/ Enterprise (probably a tie), Original, Discovery, DS9.

index.aspx

Since I'm on a Mike Hammer kick...

:cool:

Cheers,

RR

81y5XUrVDOL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Now well into season 4 and enjoying it immensely.

While I lament the loss of Kess, the addition of 7 of 9 more than makes up for it. Now I finally understand why Steve Books named a blend after her!

:p

Cheers,

RR

Been watching a lot of old westerns, but just watched To Hell and Back with Audie Murphy. A good account of his WW2 experience, but not as good a movie as I expected. His westerns are better.

I'm watching “into the woods” I listened to the audiobook twice and read most of the book. I never finished the book though.

71RgHwQ4oeL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Being a huge Bill Bryson fan, and the book of the same name being arguably my all time favorite of his, I was eager to get this DVD when it came out. Upon first viewing, I was quite disappointed as it didn't live up to my expectations. I felt Bryson could have done a lot better in recreating the story line set down in the book as there were significant deviations and omissions. While Redford and Nolte did a fine job in and of themselves the whole thing was a let down.

Further viewing has left me somewhat less disillusioned, and now I watch it for what it is and not what I thought it could or should be. Still a great story, but the book is certainly the quintessential version and one I've read perhaps a dozen times.

Cheers,

RR

71RgHwQ4oeL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Being a huge Bill Bryson fan, and the book of the same name being arguably my all time favorite of his, I was eager to get this DVD when it came out. Upon first viewing, I was quite disappointed as it didn't live up to my expectations. I felt Bryson could have done a lot better in recreating the story line set down in the book as there were significant deviations and omissions. While Redford and Nolte did a fine job in and of themselves the whole thing was a let down.

Further viewing has left me somewhat less disillusioned, and now I watch it for what it is and not what I thought it could or should be. Still a great story, but the book is certainly the quintessential version and one I've read perhaps a dozen times.

Cheers,

RR
Brewdude you are 100% correct. The book/audiobook is better. I was a little disappointed as well in the movie at first but the movie was good in it’s on right. If you don’t mind the f-bomb from Katz every few minutes it’s not a bad movie at all

index.aspx

Just finished the last season of ST Voyager. Gotta say I'm sufficiently impressed with the show as a whole and believe it's right up there with TNG.

:cool:

Cheers,

RR