What pipe tobacco did you discover in 2020?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received a tin of Cringle Flake today from Santa and gave it a smoke. Really nice blend, esp. for VA lovers. The perique is mild.

I think it was this year? Possibly last? I'm no good with time, but a kind BoB user included some HU samples, and I've been blown away. Unfortunately, they're mighty expensive. If things were a little different, I'd be begging folk on the board to go in on a bulk order with me. Truly impressive. Off hand, I can't tell you which blends. I'm not near my stash.

I stepped away from pipe smoking after getting back into it last year. I was away for more than a year, so I've got a boatload of tins and jars that have some age on them quite unintentionally, besides the ones that I cellared intentionally. But, I have tried a few new blends in the last few months. Of the ones that I've tried, the ones that I keep coming back to are:

Crumble Cake VaPer
Galloping Gertie
Newminster Superior Navy Flake

I've found that while I thought that I was an English/ Balkan guy, I'm actually finding myself reaching for, and buying, more and more Va's and VaPer's. I still love my Lat blends, but I placed an order with P&C today, probably 8 or 9 different blends, and every last one was a Va or VaPer