What Quarantine Activities Are You Doing?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterE

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested in how we are all using this Covid-19 time to stay productive and reconnect with things we've been putting off. Learning new things, picking up a new/old hobby, maybe even getting outside and exercising again. I think sliding into the comfort of Netflix or whatever we do to unwind can easily start to occupy more time than it would were we in our regular routines. I would love to hear what you guys are doing.  

I spent most of the morning and early afternoon helping my son get his online classwork going. It has been a great opportunity for me to get more up to date with how it is all working with tech and online connectivity. Some musical projects we have planned are all going to be done remotely through individual recording as well. I am scrambling to get my studio chops up to date. All while being Mr. Mom and making sure we're eating well and not diving into Doritos. :lol!:

How about you guys?

I have been going into work, guess im not to good at this quarantine thing lol. But really work has not been cancelled yet so life goes on for me...for now

I've started a new flintlock.  But that's nothing out of the ordinary.

The COVID-19 virus has changed my life very little.  My wife and I live out in the country with our dog and are pretty well self-isolated as it is.  We shop for groceries about once a month, other than for milk and bread, so we stock up well and usually have three to four months of everything we need. There was no need for us to join the hordes vying for TP.

It's not unusual for me to go two weeks or so without seeing another person other than my wife so not a big change.

Actually not a great deal of change here at chez Brewdude. I continue to enjoy my retirement by playing guitar and writing new compositions, reading, and hiking. Plus some other at-home exercise now that the gym at my rec center is closed.

Cheers,

RR

SteveMKentucky":gghlta1s said:

I hope to be in your neck of the woods in early June. I signed up for a class on building a Kibler Colonial Style rifle kit.

We are slowly moving into spring here in central IL. Been picking up sticks and getting ready to remove the snowblade and put the mowing deck back on. Playing on the ham radio. Since our restaurant closed, been avoiding people mostly. Playing on the computer.

Carlos":0vep155f said:
SteveMKentucky":0vep155f said:

I hope to be in your neck of the woods in early June.  I signed up for a class on building a Kibler Colonial Style rifle kit.

We are slowly moving into spring here in central IL.  Been picking up sticks and getting ready to remove the snowblade and put the mowing deck back on.  Playing on the ham radio.  Since our restaurant closed, been avoiding people mostly.  Playing on the computer.
If they hold it I will be there Carlos.  Will be building a Jaeger with Ron Scott.  Come say hello.

I usually don't build kits but Jim's are the best in the business today in my opinion.  He's starting to build his own locks and from what I see they are top quality.

Here's one that I just finished a couple of weeks ago:

Mornings I do my class work on-line. Afternoons, walking and the usual stuff. I am well-stocked with everything except perishables, and will keep up with those 2x a week as long as feasible, then live off what I can as long as I can without going for more (about two weeks?) Hopefully the latter won't be totally necessary, but we'll see. If not, I'm ready for hurricane season is like last year's!

Currently working from home, home schooling the children and helping run the house all of which is bringing new challenges that we’re leaning into. To defrag I’m still managing to get my daily run or sport cycle ride in.

Nothing too crazy. I'm stuck at the OKC location, no traveling to NC or anywhere else, of course! I go for walks, piddle around in the yard/garden, and spend too much time on this dang confuser! I'm reworking my will/estate plan, etc.; but can only do so much as I can't meet with lawyer. We are trading some documents electronically, so that helps. The wifey and I are working on our tax documents. Hers are a bit more challenging as she has to organize her business numbers/expenses/income, etc. Fortunately, we are about done. Our CPA can't wait to get the big package from us!! We hit the grocery store/s on an infrequent basis. We are very careful, always with wipes handy and at the ready!! We mostly cook-in, but will have din-din with a select few couples (one couple at a time!!) on occasion. I walk the neighborhood plus, of course, when the outside temps/wx permit; work in as many bowls as I can. I stay in touch with friends and family via phone, email, and Facetime. Everyone be safe, be careful... This too shall pass!! :cheers FTRPLT

I have been working hard to improve the depth and scope of my complaining. I’m usually well respected for my skills in this area but felt in the face of this national crisis I should further expand and hone them. Thanks for your support.

GeoffC":a5zca3hx said:
Deleted all my news apps off my phone so I don't have to read about the latest stupidity out of DC. Practicing self isolation on news as much as possible. News is detrimental to my health.
There's a lotta wisdom in that.

Cheers,

RR

Blackhorse":4ybjdeuv said:
I have been working hard to improve the depth and scope of my complaining.  I’m usually well respected for my skills in this area but felt in the face of this national crisis I should further expand and hone them.  Thanks for your support.
There's my first good laugh of the week! And I needed it: we had to replace our HVAC system, so that's our $9,000 contribution to the economic stimulus! :cheers:

This weekend, grading the first set of papers. :affraid: Only 2/3s submitted. :fpalm:

Taking the dogs out for a walk is the main excitement. The camper encountered extreme humidity so the interior "trim" is warping and the tiny brads or staples cannot hold things in place. So finishing nails, glue and hammer are called in to duty. The most time consuming is trying to not annoy the wife...too much. She is ready to shop, shop, shop after the stay-in orders lightens up.

If they hold it I will be there Carlos. Will be building a Jaeger with Ron Scott. Come say hello.

I usually don't build kits but Jim's are the best in the business today in my opinion. He's starting to build his own locks and from what I see they are top quality.

Here's one that I just finished a couple of weeks ago:

Finally getting around to some threads. Absolutely stunning work. Wish I had your skills.