What Shape is this Pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyguy

Reaction score
I recently acquired this GBD Conquest Virgin.  Is this a stacked Dublin, stacked acorn or what?
P.S.  It smokes great!

12180457836_0c018ceb28_z.jpg

On the pipe the shape number is "9560" if that would help.

I'd say it's a cross between a tall Cutty and a Dublin, very Danish.

haa I got it!!!

it is definitely a nike symbol shape. makes you smoke twice as fast as any pipe smoker out there.

I really have no idea

:lol: 

Thanks everyone!  I guess I'll have to go with G.L. Pease's "Pedigree Acorn". It appears he has quite a collection of GBDs and is familiar with the shapes.  He seems to be the final authority on several of the threads.
I sorta like stacked dublin or half chimney but what do I know about pipes!

flyguy":hkaunmk6 said:
:lol: 

Thanks everyone!  I guess I'll have to go with G.L. Pease's "Pedigree Acorn". It appears he has quite a collection of GBDs and is familiar with the shapes.  He seems to be the final authority on several of the threads.
I sorta like stacked dublin or half chimney but what do I know about pipes!
Ya know nowadays there are so many new shapes, call them what you want to because nobodies going to know the difference.

daveinlax":l3eatshq said:
It looks like a Dan Pipe shape.  :shock: 
Right on there Dave, you took the words right out of my mouth. Pipe Dan it is.

I think it has a very 'tomahawk-esque' flair ... extremely attractive, whatever it might be called ...

Great score on that rather unusual GBD, Flyguy! Enjoy and thanks for sharing  :) 

I swear I've seen reference to a similar style called an ice pick or Danish ice pick or something...alas, a google search did not return any image results.

This looks like an acorn morphed into an ice pick, to me. Pretty neat.

rothnh":ifc1cyh3 said:
Great score on that rather unusual GBD, Flyguy!  Enjoy and thanks for sharing  :) 
Thanks Roth.  I am trying to expand my pipe collection which is difficult when one knows so little about pipes.  My first consideration is how a pipe smokes.  I love Danish style pipes and straight grains of any kind. I don't care for plateaux rims much.  I know I will have to pay big $$ for any straight grain.
This GBD is an English made pipe but appeared more Danish, which is why I bought it.  According to my research, it is early 70's vintage.  If all vintage GBDs smoke this well, I'll be buying a few more.  :D

deepbass9":k019v9ft said:
This looks like an acorn morphed into an ice pick, to me.  Pretty neat.
Acorn ice pick sounds pretty cool. Sounds more like a lethal weapon!