What tea did you have this morning...or afternoon?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning at work I had Eco Cha's Dong Ding Cui Yu Oolong. It's one of their "Tea Club" blends, being a member gets you a package of a unique tea once a month but sometimes he ends up with extras and will post them for sale a few months later. I'm not a member of the Club, but sometimes pick up some to try. The GongFu2Go container I brew it in is pictures - and at the office I just use standard mugs. Another cool thing about Eco-Cha is that he's always posting blog posts or videos about the tea farms he buys from, the facilities that process the leaf, etc - so if you enjoy learning all about the inner workings of things you enjoy it's really enjoyable.

https://eco-cha.com/blogs/news/top-award-winning-dong-ding-cui-yu-oolong-eco-cha-tea-clubhttps://eco-cha.com/blogs/news/top-...-cui-yu-oolong-tasting-notes-eco-cha-tea-club

Attachments

• thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 66
  • thumbnail_image0.jpg
    thumbnail_image0.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 64
At work and brewing some Hone Oolong from Eco-Cha. It's a Jin Xuan cultivar tea but heavily oxidized and processed more like a black tea, but not to the same extent. It's a favorite of mine from Eco Cha, I love the berry/rhubarb notes. Brewing it Gong Fu but this one is just as fine brewed Western style.

have a head cold, decided to use a sick day. Having some Japanese green tea, specifically Kaboku sencha from Ippodo Tea. Brewed in my 320 mL kyusu (actually my second, I broke my previous one :/).

306E1222-A5DE-4306-A0B7-159C685EA480.jpeg

How many infusions do you get from that set up. It looks very leaf-full.

What temperature do you brew it at? 180F.?
I brewed it at 175F. Unfortunately - Sencha like this only really gives about 3 infusions - and the third one was pretty weak. Unfortunately it's expensive too, so it's a once in a while thing, and if I'm splurging for Ippodo tea I might as well pay a bit more to get their Gyokuro. The oolongs I drink tend to give several more infusions.

Back at work this morning, and back to Taiwanese oolong tea. this morning is the Jin Xuan oolong (commonly known as 'milk oolong') from Eco Cha. Floral, buttery, vegetal. Very smooth.

Haven't tried it yet but just got these today. Opened the Victorian London Fog and it smells amazing, can't wait to try it in the morning. Haven't opened the Earl Grey yet because you know, like tobacco you can only have one open at a time... right? Really I just didn't want to find a jar to put it in 👍.

20220224_185615.jpg

Импра черная смородина: Impra Black Currant flavored black tea. Since getting over COVID in September, my tastebuds haven't been the same, and I've had to stop drinking coffee. This tea is strong enough to satisfy the caffeine craving, and good enough that I don't have to add anything to it for flavor. That last is important, as I'm endeavoring to become the incredible shrinking man.