What tea did you have this morning...or afternoon?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taylor’s Scottish Breakfast Tea. Lovely stuff. Taylors Scottish Breakfast Tea is a blend of tea from Kenya's Eastern Highlands and the Assam region of India. Scotland is famous for its water, whether used for salmon-fishing or whisky making. Taylors Scottish Breakfast is designed specifically for Scotland's soft water.

1E12AF16-E26C-48E4-9618-56806400686B.jpeg

This morning, a new tea for me…Miles - Smugglers Gold.

The company’s hype: Miles Smugglers Gold in a Box of 80 Tea Bags
When making Smugglers Gold, Miles blends the best tea leaves from Assam (India), Kenya (Africa) and Ceylon (Sri Lanka). Smugglers Gold is a full-flavor tea. What makes Miles Smugglers Gold a unique tea? Although Miles Smugglers Gold may be unfamiliar to many tea drinkers outside of England, it is a one-of-a-kind tea. When making Smugglers Gold, Miles starts with traditional methods of tasting a variety of tea leaves and blending different teas to produce its special taste. Then, Miles add the latest manufacturing processes and packaging technology. How does Smugglers Gold taste? Smugglers Gold is an English Tea. It is smooth and full-bodied. Miles is a regional English Tea company whose tea tasters try each of the tea leaves used to make Smugglers Gold. As as result, you are ensured of high quality tea and the same great taste in every box. Miles Tea rates Smugglers Gold a 4 on the strength scale. It is the company's strongest tea. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

EE1341D0-0738-4B41-89FF-9FF259788E4C.jpeg
Who is Miles Tea? Smugglers Gold is still blended and packed in England. Miles makes all their teas at the company facility in the town of Minehead in Somerset, which is located on England's southwest coast. Although the company is familiar to many as DJ Miles Tea, it is now called Miles Tea.

For the last 4 consecutive years, Miles has been included in Best Brands magazine top 5 UK Tea & Coffee brands. For 2017, Miles is ranked number 2. This outranks all other UK tea companies.

Nice Ranger. My Yorkie pic is just a stock photo…a Yorkshire Tea joke thing.

The photo below is Watson…our 7 yr. old Pug. I couldn’t use his photo before cause they don’t make Pug Tea.

58523F49-AA73-4763-B0FD-57778519DBC4.jpeg

English breakfast tea from Capital Tea in Denver, it's a perfect blend.
I got Capitol’s website very easily and ordered 1/8 pound each of their English Organic and Irish Breakfast teas. Always fun to try out someone else’s take on tea.

By the way…thanks for signing on as a SUPPORTER. We appreciate your confidence and hope to live up to your expectations.

I got Capitol’s website very easily and ordered 1/8 pound each of their English Organic and Irish Breakfast teas. Always fun to try out someone else’s take on tea.

By the way…thanks for signing on as a SUPPORTER. We appreciate your confidence and hope to live up to your expectations.
Thanks!

Also, if it's your sort of thing, Capitol's chai masala is otherworldly good. I usually make it with 1 generously rounded tablespoon to 1 1/2 cups water just off the boil, steep 5 minutes, add 1 1/2 cups milk, and bring the whole thing to a bare simmer over medium heat with 2 teaspoons of sugar. It's so spicy and good!

Back to Erin with Bewley’s Irish Breakfast.

The hype: To create their Irish Breakfast Tea, Bewley's is a blend of tea leaves from India, specifically the Assam and Darjeeling regions. (I first wanted to try this blend due to the Darjeeling content. It doesn’t disappoint.) Bewley's Irish Breakfast Tea brews a rich brown color and has a creamy, malt flavor and a full-bodied taste. With a strong flavored tea like this, they claim, it is best to add a dash of milk and sweetener. (My preference however is having it without amendments.). Bewley's Irish Breakfast Tea comes in tea bags or loose tea. The tea bags are available as individually-wrapped, so you can take some with you wherever you go, or as traditional square tea bags. On the front of the 80 tea bag box and loose tea package is an image of Blarney Castle in Cork, Ireland.

Actually, Irish Breakfast Teas have been created by Irish Tea makers mostly for export. Tea drinkers in Ireland typically drink Bewley's Gold or a similar tea.

4F2D3406-C272-4C64-AA4A-96582C67928D.jpeg

Daughter is doing the post Covid moving out again tango this Saturday. She’s been back home with us for the past year or so. We love her deeply but will be glad to recover our empty nest. Except…she’s taking the electric water kettle with her. It’s the most used counter appliance we have here…but I got it for her for Christmas…so she gets it.

I love the thing. Super fast tea water, boiling like crazy. Uber cool blue LED’s light it up when on.

Just ordered the identical model from A.

C7EF2BAF-0876-4C6F-B1D8-ECB78D5F9366.jpeg

Daughter is doing the post Covid moving out again tango this Saturday. She’s been back home with us for the past year or so. We love her deeply but will be glad to recover our empty nest. Except…she’s taking the electric water kettle with her. It’s the most used counter appliance we have here…but I got it for her for Christmas…so she gets it.

I love the thing. Super fast tea water, boiling like crazy. Uber cool blue LED’s light it up when on.

Just ordered the identical model from A.

View attachment 1375
My wife has a similar one but nearly 1t years old. Love it and we use it a lot

Hey BH, I got some of the Taylors of Harrowgate Yorkshire tea in here and must say I'm loving it over my regular Dilmah black tea, though the extra strength Dilmah black give it a run for its money. A great flavour profile on the Yorky.

Hey BH, I got some of the Taylors of Harrowgate Yorkshire tea in here and must say I'm loving it over my regular Dilmah black tea, though the extra strength Dilmah black give it a run for its money. A great flavour profile on the Yorky.
I've had their assam and it's lovely too! i'm going to have to find some yorkshire now!

Had a pot of Thompsons Irish Breakfast today. And just recorded an order of Taylor's of Harrogate Yorkshire and Scottish Breakfast. Went with loose leaf to give it a try and see if it differs much from bags.

20210606_140036.jpg