What to do when the rivers are flooded over the roads

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Well, all the Hawaiian weather has blown by, and then the rains came for a day. All the roads around were blown out again from the creeks and rivers jumping banks and crossing the dirt roads in fast moving torrents.. After dip netting for catfish in lieu of going into town for supper, I thought, better do something about the ground water seeping into the bunny barn. So scooped up some of the creek sand, and brought it home and mixed it with some cement and lime, raked it about and poured a few small curbs, raised thresholds and slabs. After tomorrow, the next week is going to be rather chilly, not so good for curing cement, so thought I should get on the good foot and do the bad thing........

We have a 100% chance today and tomorrow here at home. Hopefully most of it has moved out of MO and headed our way. Happy to report I am sitting on a high spot with a good cigar!

"What to do when the rivers are flooded over the roads"

Get a Canoe! ;)

Right now we have wind and blowing snow (Colorado). Its literally snowing at a 90° angle. I've found whatever weather we have today, the Midwest gets it 24 to 36 hours later.