What watch are you wearing today ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
For me it's probably my favorite watch, My Glycine Airman I got from a chopper pilot in 'Nam back in '69. 24 hour or "Zulu" time is so much easier to use than a 12 hour AM/PM dial. The red hand allows you to track a second time zone. I wore this one in 'Nam on a black nylon strap but when I had International Watch woeks do the resto job on it I had it put on a nice black 'gator strap. :twisted:

I'm getting dressed for work at the moment, so I'll post my everyday work watch. Seiko orange monster on a zulu strap. My dress watch is a Hamilton Jazzmaster cushion, will have to snap a photo of that later.

image29.jpg

I love that Glycine and the story behind it.

I have about a dozen watches that I alternate. Slowed down on the watch collecting once I got into pipes. :twisted:

Here are couple:

Run of the mill Citizen Eco-Drive, stainless band, black face, worn inside left wrist. (I tend to smash them otherwise--gotta stop making wild, expansive gestures in saloons and on street corners.)

This time of year it's typically my Longines Dolce Vita chrono...

003_zpsd0538bce.jpg

But I absolutely destroy leather watch bands, so when it gets warm or I'll be active it's usually this run-of-the-mill Eco-drive chrono...

chrono_zpsmlhytmcc.jpg

It's 11:58 CST and still wearing my Chronomaster that I've been wearing for tha last few days. I wear it when I need to be "on time" as it's the worlds most accurate quartz movement watch +/- .5 seconds a YEAR :twisted:

At work, I wear the cheapest digital watch I can find. Outside work, either one of my Invectas, a Glycine quartz, or a neat 32 jewel Vostok Radio Room.

Similar to PD, my daily wear is a Seiko Sports 5 diver's with an orange face. It's a tremendous time piece, keeps good time and is satisfyingly weighty to wear.

that's how they started!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_watches#Wristwatches

Wristwatches were first worn by military men towards the end of the nineteenth century, when the importance of synchronizing maneuvres during war without potentially revealing the plan to the enemy through signalling was increasingly recognized. It was clear that using pocket watches while in the heat of battle or while mounted on a horse was impractical, so officers began to strap the watches to their wrist.

I am a watch whore, and I love looking at the magazinesame at Barnes and Noble. In the market for a new digital watch now.

I wore a 1989 Omega Speedmaster Professional from the day I bought it a week before my birthday that year until a couple of years ago when the bracelet's weakest link failed and the other weak links began reporting for failure with notably candid alacrity. I kept it wound for a year or so until one day the mainspring either slipped off the hook from the drum, or just plain broke. Since then, my wrist's been bare. I still instinctively feel it's where to look to see the time, but I've grown resigned to fishing a 2013 iPhone 5 out of a flapped shirt pocket and pressing a button.

Sloth":x7b0a2ty said:
I wore a 1989 Omega Speedmaster Professional from the day I bought it a week before my birthday that year until a couple of years ago when the bracelet's weakest link failed and the other weak links began reporting for failure with notably candid alacrity. I kept it wound for a year or so until one day the mainspring either slipped off the hook from the drum, or just plain broke. Since then, my wrist's been bare. I still instinctively feel it's where to look to see the time, but I've grown resigned to fishing a 2013 iPhone 5 out of a flapped shirt pocket and pressing a button.
They make replacement OEM bracelets as well as equally as good aftermarket ones. Why didn't you just get a new bracelet? :twisted: :twisted:

Been wearing my stainless DateJust Rolex I got back in '72 when my daughter was born all week so far.