What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-R.

Reaction score
Wife and I picked up a bottle of Redbreast 12YO for Thanksgiving dinner. Of course, we couldn't wait until the 24th, so we've had a few tastes.

This is our first experience with a pot still whiskey -- I think it might be one of a handful of whiskeys still done in that style -- and we're both smitten. Very rich and full, quite sweet but loaded with spice that balances the flavor wonderfully. And the finish is particularly nice for a pipe smoker, as there's a bit of tobacco, along with berry and dark chocolate in the finish.

A bottle of Cabin Fever which is a Maple Flavored whisky made in New Hampshire. Incredibly smooth mild maple flavor and not a goopy sweet whisky. Highly recommended for a nice woodsy dram.

Old Granddad Bourbon ,,, I'm with Hermit it''s eggnog season,,, :drunken:

now I need to order some eggnog tobacco

Eggnog baccy? Is there such a thing????:shock: :D

Basil Haden small batch bourbon. Can't get enough of the stuff!

Working through a bottle of Glenmorangie 10

It's good. Not sure if I'd buy it again... I prefer heavy PEAT flavor in my scotch

Last I bought was Laphroaig Quarter Cask. The lady of the house hates it--"smells like smoked meat"--which is exactly why I like it.

More recently, I got a big bottle of Maker's as "payment" for officiating a wedding... that'll make you feel like a country preacher.

Josjor":2al9ovhl said:
Eggnog baccy? Is there such a thing????:shock: :D
I've tried one--one of pipesandcigars' aro blends. A Brother sent me a generous sample. Very, very sweet blend, but a definite eggnog flavor!

Got a bottle of Jameson, Forty Creek, and good ole' Bulliet Bourbon. I guess technically I put the Jameson in the cart last....

IronKnight":3jtrs7py said:
Got a bottle of Jameson, Forty Creek, and good ole' Bulliet Bourbon. I guess technically I put the Jameson in the cart last....
How's the Forty Creek? I noticed that one on the shelf the other day and almost picked it up, but went for a bottle of Bushmills instead.

Forty Creek to me is what Crown Royal wishes it could be. I prefer it over Crown any day. Similar mouth feel, however not quite as sweet to me as Crown. At $20 a fifth it's worth a try my friend. Trust me, you'll finish the bottle.

Snagged a holiday gift set of Glenmorangie 10yr Friday for 31 smackers, the exact cost of a bottle alone around here. Came with two nice sniffers, not the typical shoddy things you get in sets like this. Really good stuff, I see why it's rated so highly!

Eagle Rare, 10 y/o. Easily the most refined yet tasty bourbon I've drank. I never thought it could get any better than JD, but then I'm a whiskey noob.

Workin my way through a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 year, by way of reccomendation from another BoB in a different thread. Dem fine stuff!