What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Puff Daddy":nwcxcipv said:
Dutch":nwcxcipv said:
I purchased a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel last month. Awesome full bodied whiskey!
That's good stuff! I bought a bottle and my wife tried it and claimed the rest of the bottle. Their small batch is really good too, and quite a bit less expensive than the single barrel.
Puff, I really enjoyed it. Not sure if you noticed, but there are 10 different blends of the Four Roses Single Barrel. The little info card included describes each one briefly. So far I have only been able to purchase 2 of the 10, and the second one was around $10 less than the first. I may end up having to cross the Tennessee line to get access to the entire line. I haven't seen a small batch offered in Alabama yet, another offering which I will probably need to cross the state line to get.

The stuff is so good, about a half a teaspoon on the tongue is perfection. It would puzzle me if I ever saw anyone slamming back shots, or pouring mixed drink crap in it.

Last weeks acquisitions,
2 Deanston 12 yo.
2 Old Pulteney 17 yo.
1 BenRiach 12 yo. Horizons
1 Balvenie 12 yo. Single Barrel First Fill.

Expecting the Big Brown Truck sometime today :D

Red Breast 12 year. Delicious and doesn't break the bank (Irish, of course...you call can keep the smokey Scotches!)

Scored a pair of Tobermory 15 yo.
Tobermory-15-product.jpg

Laphroaig 10yo on sale at Costco for $30 a bottle! (I bought two, already had one unopened in the cabinet).

Bemused":5v08ah4f said:
Laphroaig 10yo on sale at Costco for $30 a bottle! (I bought two, already had one unopened in the cabinet).
That's a 'stout' malt with a very distinctive nose and taste, right there.

Great price too. You can't get it that cheap here in Blighty and that's without shipping it half way round the world. Yup, great whiskey, great price. Should taste twice as nice!

Picked up a bottle of George Remus Bourbon and a bottle of their rye as well. So far, I'm a fan of both!

Normally more of a rye and bourbon drinker, but my most recent purchase was Ardbeg 10 year old.

Couldn't afford Turkey, so had to settle for Old crow. Ain't fancy, but a wee splash in a cup of Scottish tea is real nice.

Last thing I picked up was a bottle of Old Grand Dad because I'm trying to save some money for my wedding. It's pretty damned tasty stuff in my opinion. Definitely worth the money. Before that it was a bottle of Benriach 10 Curiositas which is alright but not my favourite peated whisky that's for sure.

There's also a bottle of Lagavulin 12 CS in the liquor store that's really calling my name but the 130 dollar price tag before tax is pretty intimidating. There's a bottle of Glendronach Cask Strength too but it's only 10 bucks cheaper... Yay BC Liquor prices.

I don't think you can go wrong with any Lagavulin product. IMO, one of the best deals on the Scotch market is Laphroaig Quarter Cask. There are certainly many other better single malts out there, but at $45-50, I haven't had any luck finding them. (I've tried to find Ardbeg 10 year, because I hear it is also a great value in that same price range, but it continues to elude me.)

Yeah I agree Quarter Cask is quite nice but it's more like 75 dollars in BC. I would definitely recommend picking up a bottle of Ardbeg 10 it's easily my favourite standard Islay offering. But it's more like 100 dollars here.

I'll have to try the quarter cask. Laphroaig 10 is very good IMO. I'm not blown away by Ardbeg 10, it's my least favorite Islay malt. I have a bottle in my cabinet because other people seem to really enjoy it but it's my second bottle and I just think it's missing something. The uigeadail and corryvreckan on the other hand are awesome.

I'll second the recommendation on the Laphroaig Quarter Cask! I picked up a bottle last month, and really enjoyed it.

Yesterday I picked up a bottle of Bib and Tucker single barrel. It's definitely unique, with a long finish that reminds me a lot of oatmeal.

Fumus":91qxtd83 said:
Couldn't afford Turkey, so had to settle for Old crow.  Ain't fancy, but a wee splash in a cup of Scottish tea is real nice.
Being diabetic I don't drink as much as I used to but as far as whiskey ( bourbon for me) goes I always have a bottle of Old Crow on hand as it is what my father and grandfather drank and was the first whiskey I drank and I still like it today ! :twisted: