What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Benriach 12 yo. "Horizons" flavor profile is very very close to the Tobermory
& Way cheaper

Was shopping for a whisky but ended up with an Armagnac. Chabot XO Superior. First test tonight and it did not disappoint. Very nice. Brandies aged minimum 23yrs up to 35yrs according to the internet. Smooth and complex and it looks to be a keeper.

new this week , picked up 2 Aultmore 12 yo. @ 46% ABV Non-chill filtered .

No peat or smokiness, lot of complexity. ADD about a teaspoon of H2O cover
& let sit for about 10 min { 15 is better } sip slow.

This is a good one!

There's an Ardbeg now being sold at Costco for $50. I have not tried it, but I hope to do so soon.

My best friend bought me a bottle of High West Rendezvous Rye as a going away present (he's moving to Utah). I've had it before, I remember enjoying it much.

Regarding previous post, just finishing off a bottle of Glenfiddich 12yr (also a gift). It gets a bad rap but I thought it was pretty good. Not overly complex or anything but a solid, smooth, always drinkable whisky. I have an unopened bottle of Bunnahabhain 12yr on the shelf that I'm excited to try. :)

Picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare bourbon. Never had it but have heard good things.

The High West Rendezvous Rye I mentioned previously is outstanding if any of you are Rye fans. Really fine stuff IMO.

Mitchner's US 1 Bourbon is the last bottle to go with Buffalo Trace, Contradiction and Old Weller 107. Switch to bourbon in 2008 when the economy tanked and figure buy American. Still drink Scotch when others buy :)

Newest up for me, Bowmore 10 yo. Dorus Mor

comes across a bit sharp. could have used 2 or 3 more years
in the cask. but adding about 1/2 teaspoon of H2o & letting it
sit a few min. opens it up. an interesting change of pace,
will probably add one or two to the shelf for the future.

Being a common sewer of any good libation my last purchase was 2 bottles of Old Weller bourbon and a bottle of Balvenie Carribean Cask malt. I just can't believe the price increases that I've seen in the past year or two on Single Malts. So I've found a couple much lesser expensive malts to enjoy and of course turning to good American distilled bourbon/whisky is my way of shopping now.

Being a common sewer of any good libation my last purchase was 2 bottles of Old Weller bourbon and a bottle of Balvenie Carribean Cask malt. I just can't believe the price increases that I've seen in the past year or two on Single Malts. So I've found a couple much lesser expensive malts to enjoy and of course turning to good American distilled bourbon/whisky is my way of shopping now.

picked up a pair of Glencadam's, the 15 & 21

Both are very good, the 21 is the better of the 2. But Not that much better
to warrant the price tag. will only be replacing the 15 as required.

there's a 10 yo. that is getting good reviews, may try one at the lower
price point