What's with the ads?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jason, thanks so much for the heads up, I was really itching to start that maze that kept popping up, as well as meet Jane :roll:

I haven't seen a thing, but I'm also running Firefox with various blockers, including the totally indispensable NoScript add-on.

^Wow, I just installed that no script add-on, and it's wonderful! Ad-laden sites load a lot faster and the internet just seems cleaner. Thank you.

Firefox with no script or ad block plus not only makes surfing better, it makes it much safer. Drive by installs from legit sites that have been hacked are a huge attack vector and this is one of the better ways to mitigate it.

maybe we should all throw in a buck.

You know what i really hate though is that if you leave off the www you end up with godaddy crap.

Actually I might be able to fix that with DNS entries. I'll look and see.

Jack Straw":oc5fqbrl said:
^Wow, I just installed that no script add-on, and it's wonderful! Ad-laden sites load a lot faster and the internet just seems cleaner. Thank you.
I love it, though it takes a little getting used to at first. I installed it for my 70-something parents, for example, but they were far less fond of it than me, so I uninstalled it. But especially if you're highly mobile on the net, I think it's a genius piece of software.

I've been wanting to say something about the ads all day long. But, I was afraid that something might have come up so that Jason needed help in paying for the hosting.

Jason, thank you for taking the time and going to the trouble to try and fix this... or, at least get an explanation for it!! I also appreciate the fact that you are willing to fork out of your own pocket in order to keep the brothers happy!! You are da man!!!!!!!!

I'll definitely have to try installing that plug in for Firefox. I LOATHE ads like this!!!!!!!!!!

Robert

I'm kind of waiting for an explanation before I pay to have them removed. So far there have been literally hundreds of complaints made to the host provider with no answer. The changes made to the things I have control over lead me to believe that I may have to just pay it but I don't want to act too quickly. With this much pressure they may change it back and then I will have paid for nothing. :lol:

It really isn't that much money but it kind defeats the purpose of the free hosting. I can't get some pretty good deals on hosting packages and then I would have 100% control over everything. Oh well, it's really not that big of deal either way.

Jason,

If it turns out that money is needed to keep the Forums ad-free, please let us know how donations can be made...

jhuggett":fbc070oy said:
Firefox with no script or ad block plus not only makes surfing better, it makes it much safer. Drive by installs from legit sites that have been hacked are a huge attack vector and this is one of the better ways to mitigate it.
Thanks for the tip! Just installed the "NoScript" add on!

Jim

0130 hrs. and still seeing the ads......... :x
This happened once before and Jason had it taken care of in short order.........

At work here, not home, No ads here this morning!
J do you have it sorted my man????
Seems like it from my end!

I'll bet Dover's behind all this advertising thing. He's found a way to profit off it and now it's unstoppable. I can tell by the look on his face. 8)