What's with the ads?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ads should be gone now for everyone. Forumotion just recently (Today) changed how they handle this which is both good and bad. The bad is you have to buy a monthly package that enables features like disabling ads and that is not available on their standard package that we had. So it's a little more expensive but some of the added features might be ok, I'll have to look into it more. The good is it's now set up on automatic payments so unless something weird happens to my account it shouldn't come up again because I forgot to buy more credits.

Sorry for the inconvenience and hope you are all doing well.

Gosh Jason, that's jolly decent of you. A sincere thank you from me, and great to see you on the forum.

Regards,

Stick.

Well done Jason. And you have always been gracious in this regard. I'm sure we all appreciate your continued support of the site in all the ways you do behind the scenes, as it were.

I do personally recognize what a difference it makes when the ads are gone as they have been a nuisance as well as slowing down the site. And for all you do, I believe you have all of our gratitude whether expressed or not.

That said, if any of our members have the wherewithal to help Jason defray the ongoing costs of the ad-free feature, feel free to pm me for his pp account as he doesn't want to post this.

No pressure or anything like that. Don't want to make this sound like a fund drive - anything but in fact. But it might be a great gesture for his ongoing support.

This is only intended to be my personal suggestion.

Cheers,

RR