What's your favorite coffee?

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

RSteve

Reaction score
Have you ever made Turkish coffee?
Besides my two burr grinders, one for regular and one for decaf, I have a simple blade grinder that I typically use for grinding spices. I use that one to grind coffee ultra fine to make Turkish coffee, although I do it rarely. Turkish coffee tends to give me indigestion.

RSteve

Reaction score
I've written about my disappointment with the electric Imus moka pot. I've owned both Breville and Cuisinart 15 bar espresso machines. They take up too much room and I gave both away to friends. Years ago, I had a simple Krups steam espresso machine that seemed to work well, but I went bigger and better. So, yesterday I began an internet search for another Krups. Wow...out of production and used via Amazon sellers $150 and up. I thought for a moment....what did I do with the Krups? Did a search in my basement cabinets. Woo hoo!
Took the Krups upstairs and gave it a good cleaning. Works great!

RSteve

Reaction score
WooHoooo indeed! Congrats.
Thank you. The interesting thing about this brewer is that the coffee grind receptacle holds almost 4 standard coffee scoops and the water reservoir holds 12 ounces of water. Needless to say, I don't use the mini pot that comes with it; rather a stainless steel measuring cup and make a full travel cup of coffee.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
Was given a 14oz (screw you and your less-than 1LB bag) of Trader Joe's Shade Grown Ground Espresso Blend. Came from Amazon. Opened the bag to no smell. No aroma when brewing. Honestly, it tastes like Folgers, or at least how I remember Folgers tasting. All these glowing reviews. I know I got an old bag, but still.

RSteve

Reaction score
Was given a 14oz (screw you and your less-than 1LB bag) of Trader Joe's Shade Grown Ground Espresso Blend. Came from Amazon. Opened the bag to no smell. No aroma when brewing. Honestly, it tastes like Folgers, or at least how I remember Folgers tasting. All these glowing reviews. I know I got an old bag, but still.
If there's any left (I bought 20 bricks) try this Lavazza for $1.98 lb. 8 oz. bricks vacuum packed. 99 cents a brick.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Was given a 14oz (screw you and your less-than 1LB bag)

I know the pain! Coffee should always be sold by the pound. So should sausage, including links, rolls, and bulk. I have walked out of places that did not have what I want, by the pound. It's an OCD thing.

RSteve

Reaction score
I generally calculate $ per ounce x 16, so I get a feel for the actual price per pound.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score