What's your favorite coffee?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hermit":wgu3yxj2 said:
Corncobcon":wgu3yxj2 said:
I just saw a tv commercial for Community Coffee while watching a bb game!  The next time I'm in town I'll look around and see if someone carries the brand.  Thanks to BH for the info.  Unfortunately, I don't do Ebay any more.
You can get it on Amazon (like everything else.)  :lol:
https://www.amazon.com/Community-Coffee-Signature-Premium-Arabica/dp/B00CXXKE9O
Yup.  I just put in an order for two blends of lighter roast to have on hand. My favorite of theirs of what I’ve tried is still the New Orleans Blend. But these should be a nice change...

10 lbs of love just showed up on the doorstep.

kDHqjnl.jpg" style="width: 349px;height: 465px

Nice...very nice indeed.

BTW: 30% off your entire order today only at the Community Coffee website. Details are on the site.

I ordered two 20 oz bags of New Orleans Blend (with this size you get 25% more for the same price as 16 oz). This blend is my favorite ‘already roasted’ coffee.

I also recently bought three 12 oz bags of ground dark roast signature blend for under $12 delivered. Good stuff at a great price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232969147748

GeoffC":oev2ps4e said:
10 lbs of love just showed up on the doorstep.

kDHqjnl.jpg" style="width: 349px;height: 465px
That description sounds awesome. I'll have to look to see if we have any Guatemalan, cant remember what we ordered last lol

Dang, BH! You don't play! :lol:

Should be some tasty winter nights worth.

BTW:  these were just delivered, stellar blend for daily gulping.  Yes, that’s THREE bags delivered for under $12.  The ‘use by’ date is late in March.  Very, very highly rated brew.  

For you chicory folks, this video makes it seem like it is popular in India. This family lives in Florida, so maybe Indian coffee can be found around the states. The blend they're using is 15% chicory. It's interesting, and potentially really messy, the way he mixes his coffee and milk. It's fascinating how different regions approach their coffee process, like how the Middle East heats their coffee in copper jigger things with long handles in hot sand.

https://youtu.be/luBWQNc9hOY

Eight O'clock Columbian Peaks Whole Bean. Best coffee I ever had, plus you can get a 40 ounce bag of beans delivered for $12.63 at Amazon.

. I use a pour over method with the Chemex coffee maker. Fresh ground beans.
I found that the pour over method didn't extract enough of the coffee essence. Instead, I heat the water, put the freshly ground coffee in a metal cup, pour in the heated water and stir for about a minute, then pour through the chemex filter into the decanter. Essentially, I get a French press cup without the French press, which I also use on occasion.

We drink Jumpy Monkey Good Morning Blend Whole Bean. We brew in a Cuisinart Grind and Brew 12 cup machine.

The Imusa electric moka pot in the video relates that the electric pot takes ten minutes to make the coffee. My induction stovetop moka pot on my portable induction cooktop makes the coffee in slightly over two minutes.
I don't know the science to explain it, but I watched a YouTube video that said to lower the temperature on the induction cooktop to get a more flavorful cup of coffee. I did that this morning and the product is close to espresso. It did mean that the process lengthened to about four minutes.

I don't know the science to explain it, but I watched a YouTube video that said to lower the temperature on the induction cooktop to get a more flavorful cup of coffee. I did that this morning and the product is close to espresso. It did mean that the process lengthened to about four minutes.
Most of the videos and write-ups I've seen about making great cups of coffee have lower temps than what I associate with making coffee. Eventually, with that same philosophy coming from so many directions, I have to think it is all not "new-age" nonsense. There has to be something to it. I haven't ever got super serious about this, so I've never turned the kitchen into a coffee experiment. I appreciate a good cup of coffee, and I do genuinely respect people who take any pastime to that level of obsession and dedication. There's a point where the hassle and number of steps become too much for me, though. If coffee was a higher priority, I wouldn't say that. I'm obsessive about some things, but coffee isn't one of them. I do tune into the conversation though. Watching people prepare for coffee competitions makes for some real detailed approaches.

I enjoy a good cup of coffee all the time. Columbian coffee is one of my favorites. I'm not into brewing beans or what type of beans they are, I just like coffee. I enjoy Eight O'clock's Columbian Peaks K-cups. In my drip pot I always have Cameron's Breakfast Blend and Caribou's Day Break. What about you all?
My fav at this point is Kenya AA, but my everyday 2d best is "Columbian Supremo" (Members Mark, Sam's Club, about $15 for 2.5 lbs). It's a medium-dark roast, whole bean. We use a Cuisinart burr mill and a Keurig set at 190° brew temp and fill personal K-Cups. My "contigo" travel mug is too tall to fit in the Keurig... no problem, we brew everything into a French press carafe. Oh snap, just emptied my cup, time for anotherIMG_20201028_135731176.jpg 😀.

For several months wife and I were enjoying a Costa Rican blend from Costco then it disappeared. Dang. Went Costa Rica last year for 12 days. Never had a bad cup the whole time there. They do produce excellent coffee if you can find some.