What's Your Favorite Computer Game?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hazmat":xlhp75lo said:
SmokeyTweed":xlhp75lo said:
Fallout 1 & 2 (Great 50's cold war hysteria theme)

Also sim city anything!
Fallout 3 is on its way to being released. May even be this week.

My 'puter won't run anything past about the year '02 or so, so I don't play many games on it anymore. For consoles, only have the PS2 and I pretty much only run the sports games(football, hockey, basketball) these days, with an occassional murderous escapade in God Of War and/or God of War 2. Haven't bought a new game for this thing in a loooooong time.

My buddy has a PS3 and to date, the sports games are amazing. One game I got hooked on while house sitting for him, though, is called Deadspace. Freaking scary game. He recently picked up Call of Duty: Word at War. For WWII buffs, this might be something they're into. We wasted most of the day Saturday "campaigning" on various Pacific Islands, in Germany and in Russia. Good stuff!
Thanks for the heads up but i already am knee deep into Fallout 3 and let me tell you this game is huge! over 100 hours of gameplay and all the graphics you could want, i feel like killing some super-mutants just talking about it!

Whatever happened to Pong?! :lol: That's pretty much as far as my video game interests went.

Well, there was that summer when I commandeered my daughters Super Mario. Once I killed the dragon I lost all interest.

Lately I have been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Next I think I want some WWII flying combat games.

I used to love Microsoft Flight Sim... The last version before X is the last I own. Was actually involved in some of the Freeware Jets that are found all over the internet. Provided many an accurate Unit paint job for F-16's, F-14's, and F-4's.

MS had a European theatre flightsim that was pretty good... I'm sure its been updated.

Way back in the 90's there was a series of 'space fighter' flight sims based upon Star Wars... 'X-wing' sucked, but I absolutely loved 'Tie Fighter'

Panzer General was one of the top ten greatest games ever... I even rate it about the 'Total War' series, it brought table top Strategy Games to the PC in a fun way... Shame noone ever quite caught the essense of Axis & Allies for the PC, although 'Hearts of Iron' does deserve kudos for being the closest.

PB, TIE Fighter is an all-time classic. I logged a lot of flight hours in high school, fighting for the Empire.

Actual household dialogue:
"Bye, Mom. Going down to the basement to squash the Rebellion."
"Is your homework done?"

I like a game that allows me to smoke my pipe and not move my fingers frantically.
I found it with Silent Hunter 3 and 4,amazing realistic submarine simulations of WW2.
Nice to plot the intercept courses,calculate torpedoe settings,and elude the Destroyers[sometimes].The game gets progressively harder as the Allies improve
their sub-killing tactics.I can waste hours fooling around with these games and get absolutely nothing done around the house. :lol:

Winslow :sunny:

I play Age of Empires I & II, as well as Risk. I would like to get AoE III but my poor old Dell can't handle it.

The ideal game for a pipe smoker is Civilization IV. It requires thinking, not fast reflexes. And that is our forte.

Caution though: you may sit down to play for an hour and not notice 12 hours have passed.

Stef

Hey Eggman,

Try Combat Flight Simulator. Any of the versions are great, but I prefer the original. There are literally thousands of add ons that you can download and I've built up the original to almost 2 gigs.

There is nothing like flying down on the deck at 300 knots, and watching your six while trying to get a lead on the aircraft you are pursuing.

(Heck, I need something to get my blood pressure up)

Mike B

After playing those combat flight sims,I go to bed and lay down and the room is spinning. :x

Winslow

world of warcraft for my PC and Halo series and Oblivion for my Xbox smash bros, and Mario cart for the Wii.

We don't have our own computer right now, so I haven't been able to play my games in a long time.

But I used to play Myst a lot. I also used to get on a LAN and play Dday Normandy and Counterstrike with some friends. My dad had an old black and white laptop that he gave me back in the early nineties with this really dorky airport control center game (it was a radar and you had to tell the planes what altitude to fly to keep them from crashing. you also had to help planes land and take off)...it was super fun.

WoW is great, I'm just not very good. I used to like the old Warcraft and Starcraft games though. I kicked butt at those.

I love the original games though too. When I was growing up I played Snake a lot. I also used to play a game called SWOOP on my dad's Mac.

SmokeyTweed":z4d47u73 said:

Also sim city anything!
I am not sure if you've noticed it but several characters' names from Fallout 2 sound strangely familiar e.g. Ben Wade, Frog Morton,Rattray, Stanwell, Ascorti, Enrico Savinelli, Velani, Ferndown.
You can look up the list here

P.S. Just passing by, tried too confirm on google my findings on pipe smoking- fallout connection and your forum was the only one to show up.

CarlosCruz":soy5cmy2 said:
SmokeyTweed":soy5cmy2 said:

Also sim city anything!
I am not sure if you've noticed it but several characters' names from Fallout 2 sound strangely familiar e.g. Ben Wade, Frog Morton,Rattray, Stanwell, Ascorti, Enrico Savinelli, Velani, Ferndown.
You can look up the list here

P.S. Just passing by, tried too confirm on google my findings on pipe smoking- fallout connection and your forum was the only one to show up.
That's crazy! I never got into Fallout (I was big into the Quake series back in the day) but I will now go back and revisit it. That is a fantastic "coincidence". :lol:

Mac user here (take that as you will...) :D

I played EverQuest for years, and then moved to World of Warcraft (both on the Mac).

Played WoW from Christmas 2004 until this past year... Family time, work, life, etc just got in the way and I couldn't commit to it anymore.

My iPad has become my primary gaming platform now. JetPack Attack, Infinity Blade 2, Zombie Smash, etc. The games are portable, work well on the touch screen, and can be picked up and put down quickly.

Back on the laptop side, I've been playing Uberstrike quite a bit for the holidays. It's a free FPS, which has provided some good family and "guy" fun the past couple of weeks.

Age of Empires 3 and Skyrim (which is starting to consume my life... help!)

Another thread from the dead...

Lately, I've been playing Battlefield 3 in my daughter's Xbox.