What's Your Favorite Computer Game?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, zombie thread.

Any of the Bethesda "Fallout" or "Elder Scrolls" games. Final Fantasy XII. Peggle. Did World of Warcrack for a while, got bored.

Sorry to disturb the long dead thread, just wanted to share my find. At the moment playing fallout 3 new vegas and civilization revolution on my iphone and puffing on Rattray's marlin flake. I haven't found any more pipe references in the rest of fallout saga.

New Vegas was a very expensive and half-conceived expansion. I only keep it because I'm a Fallot devotee. Skyrim is what I reach for now.

Chessmaster 10th Edition.

Back in the day, it was the 'Commander Keen' series, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and 'Escape From Monkey Island'...

doom.jpg

Haven't played a computer game since my sons were at school, and I used to have an occasional go on their Nintendo. I liked race games most. However, I'm talking about the early-to-mid 90s, and games have become vastly more complex and sophisticated since then.
I first played a computer game in 1974, when I was 22 or 23, one of the very first arcade games, 'Tennis', batting an oblong ball back and forth with two oblong paddles. I was so computer-illiterate then (like most people, because the age of personal computers was only just dawning) that I didn't realise that it was computer-generated, and wondered how the hell it worked.

I played WoW from about 2006 until early this year. WoW is such a huge time sink...in order to be good you have to play every day for hours. I was in a good guild and we were progression minded so I had a very strict raid schedule and was always farming for stuff...alot of fun but too much time.
Lately I've been playing CoD MW3. It's alot of fun but the best thing about it is you can just play a couple of games and then stop...which is great for me....you certainly can't just get up and leave your cpu in the middle of a raid encounter.

i used to be an avid raider and pvp'er on WoW, but I'm happy to say I've kicked the habit. Lately I bought the new Elder Scrolls game, oh my god, Skyrim is a fantastic game! It far surpasses everything I had heard about it!

itsKot":dx075iou said:
oh my god, Skyrim is a fantastic game! It far surpasses everything I had heard about it!
The glitches and randomness are also very amusing. I fell through the "ground" twice into the "water"... had 3,000 flame atronachs materialize in a cave, crashing the game... :lol: That's what I get for going PS3. 8)