Whats your favorite tobacco and why?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob_In_MO":0xo0njoa said:
Favorite Tobacco? Captain Black White

Why? Just to mess with Kyle and Monbla. :mrgreen:
I conccur :cheers: I could smoke it for 40 years in a Captain Black Orlik :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Revor Plug. Just a good strong tabac with a good, mellow tobacco flavor. I just wish I could get it over here.

My favorite tobacco is the one I haven't smoked yet, that will surprise me one day, and make me wonder why it took me so long to discover, and delivers that slice of heaven just when I need it most.

I have a favorite for this and a favorite for that when it comes to baccy - and one is likely too few to ever name. A half dozen at least and it would take me a long time to decide which they were amongst at least a few dozen...

I'll finish my bowl of Sextant while I ponder the list... Then likely have another :)

One blend I will note that is seldom mentioned but a contender for the top - Montgomery. The flavors burst from this most special of blends...

gandalfpc":y699tydi said:
I'll finish my bowl of Sextant while I ponder the list... Then likely have another :)
Gandy, what opineth thee of the Sextant? I was very impressed. A very "deep" blend.

Agreed - somewhere between meridian and Bohemian Scandal - the type of deep, easy to enjoy blend that I prefer late evening...

I'll be grabbing a pair or two of 8 oz cans soon enough :)

I'm thinkin theres only one person,( possibly 2), that would give you a straight answer, as to having "A" Favorite.

as of right now, I'd say GWH Bright CR is my favorite,,, but in a couple hours , that could change.

:shock: Does that mean I'm fickle?
Like back in the school days, when a little gal would nuzzle up to me on one day, and then tomorrow she'd ignore me???

It IS the same! Dammit, T.A.D. has made me fickle :x :x :x :x

Then : Balkan Sobranie Virginian Nr.10

Now : Embarcadero.

That was simple.

Because it is simple.

:face:

If I could only smoke one blend for the rest of my life I would mostly likely quit smoking a pipe. However, I will attempt to entertain the question.

My favorite...

Virginia: Dunhill Flake (a couple others that are real close)
Lat: MacB HH Syrian (RRR is a close second)
Vaper: Solani VA. flake w/ perique
Cigar/Cigar-like: Habana Daydream (Embarcadero irritates my throat)
Burley: Solani aged burley flake (Solani Silver Flake is tied for 1st)

Now ask me to pick one from that list...... i honestly cant. To me that is the beauty of pipe tobacco, there are so many beautiful blends and trying them is
half the fun. :)

Hope this helped a lil,
Bill

Currently I seem to be rotating 'btwn 4 blends/mixtures. Peretti's Royal Blend and Peases Ashbury and McC's Virginia Woods and Blackwoods Flake all on a daily basis. I smoke at least two of them every day now. If I could wave a magic wand to get what I really liked, Sobranie 759 and S&P's Gentlemans Mixture would STILL be made :p

Current regulars-

P&W #78 or Churchill after supper.

Macs 2015 w/15% added perique.

SG Navy Flake.

Macs 5100.

C&D Old Joe Krantz.

Not all these in one day of course, but that's pretty close to a rotation these days.

Cheers,

RR

Dunhill Royal Yacht. I don't know why, but I'm smoking this blend about 2/3 year now or something like that on a daily basis, and it never get's old.

Also like Hal O' the Wynd. Haven't tried too many differnt tobaccos though, maybe 30 total with a bunch of aromatics in my beginner times (still am kinda a beginner, smoking a pipe for about a year now).

I live in a country where it's kinda difficult to get good tobacco, because I don't enjoy smoking these highly sweet candy like tobaccos. And also I like to have tobacco with a little higher nic in it, which no (real) aromatic has.