What's your weather like today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is "state of the art" for you wimps...

tj, also uses this to store his tobacco cellar...

4 degrees when I got up this morning @ 5 am, spent 3 hours thawing pipes. Finally off to work at 9 am, it was up to 6 degrees.

EJinVA":kumt9vav said:
4 degrees when I got up this morning @ 5 am, spent 3 hours thawing pipes. Finally off to work at 9 am, it was up to 6 degrees.
I leave my pipes inside next to my tobacco,,,,

Here in the Ozarks of SWMO, the temps have skyrocketed to a blistering 10° F with a predicted high of 21° F.

Yeah, it sucks....but it's pretty much everywhere. :pale:

mark":cjqwreci said:
EJinVA":cjqwreci said:
I leave my pipes inside next to my tobacco,,,,
Boy you gotta be reeeal clear around here don't you. WATER PIPES, not lead ones either. :tongue:

:lol!:

I was freezing with a low this morning of 8 and a high of 20 F. After reading some of these posts I don't feel so cold anymore.

Presently 27f on top of Sharptop Mountain, when the sun goes down it's gonna drop like a rock!

27 degrees here today. 10 tonight. Can someone give me a "global warming", excuse me, "climate change"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

25* and snowing this morning, as I listen to my usual Breakfast with The Beatles and a bowl of Skiff Mixture in a Parker Billiard. Best to all for a great Sunday.

John

31 F and just starting to snow. Hard to tell how much we'll get but it is starting to stick.

Last two days very nice, highs just short of 60! Today prognosticated to be 58; another good pipe day! By the week end and thru next week, the weather guessers predict colder temps; maybe even a bit of precip/snow!! WTFKs :?: :pipe: FTRPLT

just blew 18 inches out of the driveway,,,up to 18 degrees,,,,but the sun is out :cheers:

It's 46 in Raleigh right now, but they are forecasting 4 inches of snow overnight. That will shut this city down for days. Those of you in the snow belt are allowed to laugh at us, I've been here since 1981 and still can't believe how a few inches of snow can cripple a city. The grocery stores are already over run with people buying bread and milk.

I hope Justpipes has enough Walnut to carry him through this crisis :D :D

It's been weird here. Not unusual to have a couple of nice sunny days here and there in the dead of winter, but it's been sunny and 60 every day for 2 weeks. We haven't had any precipitation since before Christmas either... Not a good sign. The reservoirs are already low - scary low - and in the Sierras there's is only a fraction of the snowpack we need. We've already had a few dry years in a row, things aren't looking good........

62 and Sunny with 34% humidity.
Pretty damn nice for January.
The ground is pretty soggy though.
In a true stoke of genius, rather than move
three trash cans with wheels, lightly filled with branches,
my wife decided to drive around them into the yard.
I would have been so much happier if she had woken
me up. I would have gladly moved the fucking cans. :roll:

mud10.jpg

bronxbill":xif68fjk said:
It's 46 in Raleigh right now, but they are forecasting 4 inches of snow overnight. That will shut this city down for days. Those of you in the snow belt are allowed to laugh at us, I've been here since 1981 and still can't believe how a few inches of snow can cripple a city. The grocery stores are already over run with people buying bread and milk.

I've lived here most of my adult life and have never understood the panic that ensues when snow is forecasted! The odd thing is that in this area now the population is about 90% yankee. I thought they knew how to deal with the stuff. I won't miss a beat but I guarantee that if there are even fluries people will be calling out of work. Not to mention what Bill said about the grocery stores being over run. By 6:00 this evening there won't be a carton of milk or a loaf of bread to be had within a 50 mile radius! :lol: I haven't listened to the news yet today but I would be willing to bet that they have already canceled school.

bronxbill":903wch9y said:

By the way brother, if you need anything don't hesitate to call!!! :D

-1 the other day as I started work. Has warmed up into the low 20s this morning. Got a little snow last night and I got called out early for work. Wound up working 7 collisions this morning, all in a 1 mile stretch of parkway. Why can't people just slow down. Hello, if you are seeing cars that have slid off the road you might at least assume that the road is slick and slow down. The worst are those with 4 wheel drive. Ok, I'm done ranting now.

jeepernick":8t92x0gl said:
-1 the other day as I started work. Has warmed up into the low 20s this morning. Got a little snow last night and I got called out early for work. Wound up working 7 collisions this morning, all in a 1 mile stretch of parkway. Why can't people just slow down. Hello, if you are seeing cars that have slid off the road you might at least assume that the road is slick and slow down. The worst are those with 4 wheel drive. Ok, I'm done ranting now.
Understand completely, rant all you want!