What's your weather like today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure can't complain about the weather here. I have both doors open and I'm in a long sleeved t-shirt. I just talked to my daughter who lives in Va. Beach Va. and she said it was getting ready to snow and get cold again. She has an open invitation to move out here but she likes it there. I sure hope everyone stays safe and warm wherever you live!!

We have a couple of inches of snow on the ground this morning, with temps in the low 20's. It's not going to get above freezing today and overnight lows tonight are expected in the mid teens. A warmup is expected over the next few days, though.

Just about every school system in east Tennessee is closed today.

Mike

Snowing like crazy here. Expecting 4". The weather man got it right this time. 28 degrees, teens tonight. Roads will be crazy in the morning.

Ill mimic PD............we must be neighbors, or sumpin' :affraid:

SoCal is typically mild this time of year with the temps dipping into the 40's at night but the past cuppa weeks have been bizarre.
Highs in the 70's / lows in the 50's and NO rain in sight.

I usually shut off my irrigation around Thanksgiving time and turn it back on around March.....had to water 2x last week :evil:

Snow went South, got JP in NC. Cold today though, highs in the 20's, teens tonight w/ windchills @ about 0. Supposed to be in the 40's by friday.

Looks like we will get about 6" here around my house. I live on one of the highest points in the county and we always get a little more here. Still snowing pretty hard. The last time this happened in 2000 they were calling for the same thing with the storm swirling south and then north, we got 24" that time.

:affraid: COLD!!!
12 degrees when I got up at 5:30am, It's up around 19 now. Supposed to be low 50's by friday.

Ended up with all most 8" of snow at my house yesterday. Roads were terrible so I took the Jeep out. Temps dipped to 20 degrees last night so the roads were even worse this morning. Jeep ain't no good on the ice! 28 degrees right now, calling for 36 so the melting will start. Calling for near 60 degrees here by Friday so we will have a muddy mess on our hands.

Yep.... the Alberta Clipper is pretty well finished its mischief.... now it's coming back to haunt Alberta.... our weather is suppose to dip down to it's icy cold normality.... :roll:

four degrees @ 6 AM,,,warmed up to 11 @ noon,,,,,dropped six inches of snow,,,, storm warning in effect in our county through tomorrow,,,lake effect tonight will drop another foot or so,,,only eight weeks left !!! :cheers:

After another cold night...about 18 or so...we'll be up to 50 today with sunshine!

HALLELUJAH!

Mike

Finally, rain! First drops since before Christmas and it is much needed. It is a light but constant rain, almost warm in the 50's. Feels like a late fall rain rather than a january rain but this one is coming up from the south, heading almost due north which is an unusual winter pattern. Hopefully it is cold enough in the Sierras for the snow to build up a good base.

Forecast is for off and on rain next 5 days. Bring it on!

76F here today :D Quite warm for January. Temps to start falling tomorrow; high of 34F forecasted for Saturday! Good day for pipe smoking :pipe: FTRPLT

Had a bunch of rain earlier in the week; now it gets cold. We just can't get any decent snow around here any more. :(
Damn Global Warming.

EJinVA":3k671zdf said:
Had a bunch of rain earlier in the week; now it gets cold. We just can't get any decent snow around here any more. :(
Damn Global Warming (No longer referred to as global warming according to Hillary Clinton, the new politicly correct term is "climate change".).
Sunny and a high of 40 degrees here today.

Two to three inches of ice followed by three inches or so of snow over the past three days. Trees are down everywhere, no power anywhere in the county unless you have a generator, which I do not. I am spending the next few days at the in-laws in TN. Good Morning America actually highlighted my town as the worst hit area in KY. Trees yanked the power lines off my house, took out two fences and flattened my storage shed. Thank God the house wasn't hit and I have insurance. I will probably not be here much over the next few weeks but look forward to getting caught up when things return to normalcy.

Nick

A lot of folks south of us got clobbered with ice. Looks like they will be out of power for days. My best wishes for all those affected.

ice storms are the worst,,,hope nobody was hurt in your area,,,take care

Our ice is melting rapidly with temps today in the 40's and sunny :sunny: ! Some power outages, but nowhere close to the situation two years ago. Good day for a bowl or two! :pipe: FTRPLT