whats your wishlist?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarheel7734

Reaction score
I currently have one good pipe, Ferndown reo 3* bent bulldog, a cob, and a cheap Corleone pipe. This is no where near what i had before the dark time when i toom a break and sold all my pipes, which has me researching pipes and making lists. Here is what is currently on my list, so whats yours?

Northern Briars group 5 Bruyere Premiere bent bulldog. On order
Northern Briars group 5 Bruyere Regal bent bulldog. Not sure if this will be next.
Askwith group 5 size morta bent bulldog with a green cumberland stem. Might be next.
Ferndown 3* tudor root bent bulldog tapered stem. Cant find anyone to special order it.
Ferndown 3* bark bent bulldog. Just waiting for it to show up at a reasonable price.
Dunhill 5108 in either or in all Bruyere, amber root, cumberland, or root. Cant find them

I might eventually get a peterson Sherlock squire or Kinsale xl15 again.

Just one pipe, at the moment: a "perfect" straight bulldog. It has to be slightly larger than the typical 5 1/2" or so, must have a tapered bit, not too squat, not too tall, etc. I just don't see any around that appeal. I've only seen two in the last couple of years that met my requirements. One was an Ashton (I think) and the other was a Baki meerschaum. I dithered around until somebody else bought them. But I still look.

100lbs of Embarcadero
100lbs of Union Square
100lbs of Gaslight
100lbs of Early Morning
100lbs of Billy Budd
100lbs of Brown Pigtail
100lbs of ...

...wait, this is about pipes? Damn. :lol:

8)

Somewhere in my house is hidden a brand new Pietenpauw billiard, my Christmas present from my wife.

So, I wish it's Christmas already.

That's all on my wishlist for now

Eventually I would dearly love to buy a replacement of my Peterson Baskerville, it was 21st Birthday gift from my late Brother which was stolen from me in a restaurant the day I got it.

I'd love to buy a Northern Briars Sea Urchin, just because they look so cool.

One day I hope to afford a Stanwell HCA #2 with Gold coloured accents, been a wish pipe for a long time that one, no particular reason really, just like them.

Dunhill Titanic Amber Root Horn with 18ct band, I have admired this pipe for a long time, now that one is a class example of 'pipe dreams'.

Eventually I hope to replace my much beloved Bully which fell prey to shank breakage not so long ago, I'd love to replace him with something rather special and have aspirations of getting myself a Dunhill 3108 Sterling Spigot Bent Bulldog to replace him, and pigs might fly eh.

There are many other pipes I would dearly love to own but these are my top list.

The only one on my pipe wish list really is a Dunhill birth year, for me that's 1955. Maybe when I get ahead of the game in the cash department I'll start a serious search so far I've not put much effort into it.

Since this is a "wish list" and has NOTHING to do with reality I'd have to say one of each of the folowing Charatans from the early '70s. A Summa Cum Lauda, a Crown Achievement and a Royal Achievement, all in un-smoked condition in their original packaging!!! :twisted: :twisted: I know where there are three Summa's and two Crowns but have yet to locate a Royal !! :twisted: :twisted: BTW, I'm in NOOOOOO hurry !! :twisted: :twisted:

I've been looking for some of the older Stanwell shapes that don't seem to be made anymore. Been trying to find the shape 188 and 227.

image10.jpg

image11.jpg

Puff Daddy":tp4ogiui said:
I've been looking for some of the older Stanwell shapes that don't seem to be made anymore. Been trying to find the shape 188 and 227.

image10.jpg

image11.jpg

Cool looking 188 PeeDee.

As for me, I don't really have a wish list per se.... at least as far as pipes go...... at least I think so....... right now............... ask me again tomorrow and I might have a different answer..................

:joker:

Cheers,

RR

The 188 was from the S Bang designer line, of which there were three shapes. The other two are easy to find.

Kyle Weiss":f0a107so said:
mark":f0a107so said:
World peace :fpalm:
Inner peace, too?  :D

My inner peace is so peaceful sometimes I can hear myself think.

Wish list? Time to straighten out my cellar and dump bestow all the crap well aged premium cavendish fouled enhanced tobacco I once thought delicious on Kyle  
or some newbie  a pipester who will appreciate it

I want something classic and English from Chris Asteriou.
Maybe a Chubby Rhodesian of some kind. I'm sure he would make it nice.

Also an Askwith Morta in a classic shape.

Hmmm, wishlist eh. Well that's long but, if I had to choose just one......I couldn't.

I wish I could find two of my pipes that disapeared. I had a figural meer "retriever with bird" that I am pretty sure walked off when I had some workmen in the house. Someday I will see one just like it.

I also had a much beloved pipe I bought at the Grand Vizar pipe shop in Poitiers when I had a pipe stolen (with some other things) in Italy in 1979. I am pretty sure it was a house brand Savinelli 814 second. It had a larger bowl - 7/8 in and a saddle bit. I have seen nice estate 814's and have even bid on one or two, but really I want the original one back. It was lost in a move, and I keep thinking I will find it in a box someday.

I am always on the lookout for a pipe my father had. He had one large bent billiard with a gold band that was his goto pipe for 30 years. He had a series of bent billiard coupon pipes and one poker, but this one is the only one I really remember. After my mother's death, I found an Edward's box in her things and I suspect it was a gift from her before I was born. One of these days I will spot the right lines in a pipe with a gold band. I am not even sure Edward's had a house brand that would have had a gold band.

Then there is the "reach" - a birthyear pipe I can afford with a largish bowl.

Currently, a Todd Harris pipe. I just have to get my ideas to him on it. In the future... Jake Hackett pipe and maybe a Joe Case. I like the simplicity of those stubby nosewarmers.

Hmmm. I'm not sure, being new to pipes and all.

But I have REALY liked the look of the partially rusticated bent Rhodesians I have seen by some of the artisan makers. Maybe someday.

Welllll I wish I could afford and then not feel guilty for spending that much money on a Cornelius maenz pipe. I would also love to have a j alan pipe from Jeff Gracik. And hell while we are at it why not a Gotoh

rev