wheat crops - food prices

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
Forget Ukraine unable to export its wheat stock via the sea and having to re-fit train cars to run on Poland's train tracks. Forget that Ukraine will likely only be able to plant 40-% of its crop this year as Russia poxed the fields and destroyed farmers' equipment. Forget Russia blocking the Black Sea to strangle the world food supply as it now maneuvers to become a food super power. Forget Russia stealing Ukraine's wheat storage and trucking it into Russia and their occupying territory so the world can't have access to it.

A portion of the US Midwest is too wet to plant, and out west, they aren't even bothering to plant this year because it is so dry. I believe I saw a piece on Colorado farmers not planting wheat this year because of drought.

Now, India, the world's 2nd largest producer of wheat lost a substantial percentage of its crops because of heat, then reacting to the loss with an export ban so their own domestic prices don't shoot through the roof.

You think food prices are high now because of inflation? *if you don't like CNN, there are plenty of other articles being written on this clusterfvck.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/14/business/india-wheat-export-banned/index.html

Hard things to forget when you're food shopping, eating "out" at any type of dining facility, pull up to a gas pump, etc!! FTRPLT

Hard things to forget when you're food shopping, eating "out" at any type of dining facility, pull up to a gas pump, etc!! FTRPLT
It's good to know why, rather than blaming it on one thing, especially when the entire world is dealing with inflation now. It ain't all about us.

Plenty of blame to go around!! We are in constant touch with our family in England. Prices there are "eye-watering!!" Energy prices of all types are skyrocketing. They pay way more per liter for petrol than we do for a gallon of gas (except for certain places, of course!!). The world food chain affects everyone everywhere. Things may get a lot worse before they get better!! FTRPLT

This won't help...
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calg...ent-hwy-3-fort-macleod-alberta-rcmp-1.6462783
43 CP Rail cars carrying potash derailed near Fort Macleod, Alta., RCMP say
1653498846767.png

Reports are saying that Putin is burning wheat fields with torches and incendiary bombs and targeting farmers in their tractors as they attempt to plant their crops. Farmers wearing flak jackets because a farmer in this tractor was hit with something with shrapnel that tore through his chest, destroying a lung and other organs. Luckily, he's alive and healing in a hospital. Last week, Russia blew up and burnt wheat processing and storage facilities. So yeah, attacking food supplies for both Ukrainians and the world. Africa (I think Ethiopia in particular) is getting hit hard because they depend on Ukrainian wheat via Unicef, as their repeated droughts have all but wiped out their own farming. Stalin did this same thing to Ukraine in the early 1930s.

I wonder if we're waiting on Russia to use up more equipment and supplies before we (U.S. and others) physically go in and help. I think it's inevitable that we and several other countries will be going in to help out and try to end this mess. I just don't know what we're waiting on.

I wonder if we're waiting on Russia to use up more equipment and supplies before we (U.S. and others) physically go in and help. I think it's inevitable that we and several other countries will be going in to help out and try to end this mess. I just don't know what we're waiting on.
The next administration?