When Is Your Last Smoke of the Day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I usually smoke my last bowl just before preparing for bed. I wonder if that's just the fate of the elderly widower?

For me, it is usually an hour or two before bed. I only really smoke in the evening, and not even every day.

I smoke pretty much whever I can. I will put a pipe down to head to bed. Depending on the day, that is some point between 8 and 9 as a rule. If I put down a partial bowl, I will typically finish it when I get up before hitting the hard stuff - like Picayune.

SWMBO'd and I sit outside on our patio 'til at least dark (let's say 8-8:30 pm this time of year). I can get in two, sometimes three bowls (depending on bowl size). I will sometimes sneak back out after watching TV for a while for one more bowl, or to finish a partial one. FTRPLT

Depends on the day, time of year, weather, and a host of other things like what did I do all day. Last bowl is usually just before dark but once in a while if it's a nice night will come out late and enjoy the stars.

Around 9pm wifey heads to bed and I'll head out to have a smoke and it may be my last one for the evening. Most times I'll have another one or maybe two and be done by no later 1 or 2am especially if I have to be to work by 7am which is normally the case.

I usually smoke my last pipe of the day after dinner or sometimes I switch it up and have a Dominican cigar instead of the pipe.

Usually on my way home from work. Wife doesn't smoke so I don't normally feel like sitting outside alone and smoking.
DL, can't you get the wife to join you? My wife doesn't smoke either but she will often join me on the patio with a cocktail or glass of wine while I enjoy a pipe.

Around 9pm wifey heads to bed and I'll head out to have a smoke and it may be my last one for the evening. Most times I'll have another one or maybe two and be done by no later 1 or 2am especially if I have to be to work by 7am which is normally the case.
2am? Wow. Reminds me of the days when I was still single. Would go hang out at the honky tonk dancing till 2, go home, grab a couple hours sleep then up at 5 to be at work by 6. Glad I'm retired, lol.

I usually pack it in at dark. Can't smoke in the house........unless I want a divorce. So I sit on the deck til dark.

2am? Wow. Reminds me of the days when I was still single. Would go hang out at the honky tonk dancing till 2, go home, grab a couple hours sleep then up at 5 to be at work by 6. Glad I'm retired, lol.
Haha. I remember those days being single till 31 but now after dinner a 30 minute nap keeps me up most nights.