When it Rains it Pours

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikem

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I've been off line for awhile. Had to rush home from Indiana to pack up the house. I asked my wife to check with local realtors to see what the market is for homes in our complex. Next thing I know the realtor calls me up that our house sold in a day. I couldn't get home right away due to commitments on helping take care of the Granddaughter. So I basically have three weeks to pack up the house and workshop. The last three days of packing its 117 degrees outside Peoria AZ. The moving company showed up two days late. The cost for the movers went from $4800 to $5600 to $6400 to $13000. I got about six hours sleep in three days. The coup de grasse is I leave Peoria AZ on Saturday. Thirty miles east of Gallup NM I crest a hill and nail a big rig in the tail (my fault, I think I nodded off). Middle of nowhere with a screwed up pickup (fully loaded) trying to tow a ten foot utility trailer. Everything closed on Sunday. Finally get the truck to the Chevy dealership Monday. Now I'm renting a UHAUL to the tune of $1600 to get my stuff home. Did I mention $5600 to fix the truck. Hitting the road again tomorrow and hopefully make it to Indiana with no more issues. The good thing is no one is hurt. It could have been worse I guess. The Man upstairs was sure looking out for me this past week.

"The moving company showed up two days late. The cost for the movers went from $4800 to $5600 to $6400 to $13000."
Sounds like the movers are ripping you off.

Man! Sounds like the rain turned into a hurricane! Hopefully you have recovered from all this extreme stress.