when you get a wild hair...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
...and want something that you cannot quickly find. My wild hairs are often accompanied with the desire for something I previously had no interest in wanting, so the sudden fixation is joined with fickleness. I haven't had the pipe buying thirst for a long time. I watch. I'm a lookie-loo. Have very little interest in acquiring. Occasionally, think I might for a few hours, but then, no. More of an appreciation for what is out there. But...lately, it's a runaway train. Now I want a particular maker of pipe, in a particular finish, both of which I've found entirely unattractive since first smoking a pipe, and now that I want one, I cannot find even a poor sample of it. It's not as if the dang things are that rare, but they're rare right now? A hobby that provides me with little frustration, but then times like this.

Sounds like a bit of OCD coupled with immediate gratification complex, but hey, I'm no psychiatrist, lol. Have a drink, watch a movie. This too shall pass.

Sounds like a bit of OCD coupled with immediate gratification complex, but hey, I'm no psychiatrist, lol. Have a drink, watch a movie. This too shall pass.
Definitely impulsive, which I am absolutely not when it comes to buying things. And that is great advice. Sit on it 24 hours. It probably won't matter by then. That goes for just about everything, especially stressors, in life.

Had a psych professor once who gave me some good advice about making decisions, prioritizing, and coping with stress. When confronted with any situation, stop and think to yourself, will this affect me a year from now? Five years from now? Will I even remember it? Helps put things in perspective. So many things that we stress over are really quite trivial in the long run.