Where can i get a stain that looks like this?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a custom blend of Feibings colors. I'd guess a dark undercoat with Chocolate as the base and a lighter top coat containing Yellow and Red.

I'd recommend experimenting and seeing what happens. :)

Looks an awful lot like someone mixed a pinch of orange with some brown and then diluted the heck out of it. Very pretty results 8)

I contacted the seller, she said she didnt use any dye, just polished it, but some of her other pipes looked pretty similar in color.

ZombieWeinerDog":2j2i0m0i said:
I contacted the seller, she said she didnt use any dye, just polished it, but some of her other pipes looked pretty similar in color.
I don't think she made or refinished the pipe, I think she just cleaned up a used pipe polished it and is reselling it

The trick is to use a dark dye, then sand it with 600 grit just enough so the grain pops, then use a lighter dye - I use this method whenever I make a pipe - always at least a two step dye to bring out the grain...

gandalfpc":taxe55vx said:
The trick is to use a dark dye, then sand it with 600 grit just enough so the grain pops, then use a lighter dye - I use this method whenever I make a pipe - always at least a two step dye to bring out the grain...
thanks for the tip.