Where do you buy online?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I order most of my tobaccos from the already mentioned Smoking Pipes & 4noggins. I also like the service from Mars Cigars, Milan and Iwan Ries. I also order house blends from LJ Peretti. I am officially in love with a lot of their mixtures.

I no longer order from king of the back-orders, P&C.

Smokingpipes and 4Noggins mostly because of what each retailer carries and OUTSTANDING customer service. I sent Rich from 4Noggins an email earlier today about getting a certain blend for me and in less than two hours he responded....." yup, I can and let me know when you want it ".
Also Mars from time to time. Good stock of tobacco's and friendly!!

Recently sent TWO emails each to both Peretti's and Uhle's and after 8 days neither responded. ''Twas a simple question for both retailers. I did expect this from Peretti's ( Boston attitude ) but not Uhle's.

PS, I too stay clear of P&C. Personally I wouldn't trust them if they had a 50% off sale.... it would ALL be out of stock.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I'm always surprised in these conversations that Cupojoes.com seldom comes up. I've bought several things from them over the years and have been very happy with their service. I do buy from LJ Peretti, getting ready to place my semiannual order on Nov. 1st. Other than that, SmokingPipes gets the bulk of my shopping.

Simple Man

I agree, Cupojoes.com is a great place to purchase from on certain blends. Never an issue with them and they do answer their phone!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Smokingpipes.com  - almost exclusively.   :cheers:

Used to occasionally use 4noggins, but Rich told me 
and all other Trump voters to bugger off.  So I did.

Simple Man":p0uy0rs4 said:
I'm always surprised in these conversations that Cupojoes.com seldom comes up. I've bought several things from them over the years and have been very happy with their service. I do buy from LJ Peretti, getting ready to place my semiannual order on Nov. 1st. Other than that, SmokingPipes gets the bulk of my shopping.
Just received my first order from CupoJoes. Quick and easy, and they ship to Canada! No complaints so far. :D

ontariopiper":jwqsgdxh said:
Simple Man":jwqsgdxh said:
Just received my first order from CupoJoes. Quick and easy, and they ship to Canada! No complaints so far. :D
Good deal! They've always been good to me. And sometimes they carry unusual pipes that appeal to me.

Simple Man":7ijnta30 said:
Good deal! They've always been good to me. And sometimes they carry unusual pipes that appeal to me.
You bet they carry some unusual pipes! I was lucky enough to spot a LaStrada handmade chubby pot being sold on their website a number of years ago. It's a very popular pipe manufacturer in Europe and I was lucky enough while living on the Island of Malta to purchase 3 LaStrada pipes. Once I noticed the chubby pot at a super cheap price being sold at Cupojoes I immediately purchased it. It's one of my favorite chubby pot pipes!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Simple Man":9j6vrsgm said:
I am assuming it will be for the Thanksgiving Blend.  Been considering this one.  What would you compare it to?

I like Smokingpipes.com for most everything, especially if I want it quickly.

I guess I am one of the few who will still order from PipesandCigars, but only if there is a really good sale. For example I ordered three tins of the soon to be extinct Dunhill Flake for about $7.60 apiece (regulalrly about $11). I adjusted my expectations on shipping and was willing to wait for such a good deal. It took about 3 weeks but arrived a few days ago. Hard to beat price.

Similarly, I ordered several tins of some Pease blends back in early September and saved about $3 a tin. Thankfully they do not charge until it ships. They have not shipped yet but I am not in a hurry.

Fight'n Hampsters":v40yultj said:
Simple Man":v40yultj said:
I am assuming it will be for the Thanksgiving Blend.  Been considering this one.  What would you compare it to?
I'm not real good on comparisons. I'm sure someone else can probably help out with that. I will say though that it is in the top five of my favorite burley blends.

Fight'n Hampsters":7eaavg9i said:
I like Smokingpipes.com for most everything, especially if I want it quickly.

I guess I am one of the few who will still order from PipesandCigars, but only if there is a really good sale.  For example I ordered three tins of the soon to be extinct Dunhill Flake for about $7.60 apiece (regulalrly about $11).  I adjusted my expectations on shipping and was willing to wait for such a good deal.  It took about 3 weeks but arrived a few days ago.  Hard to beat price.

Similarly, I ordered several tins of some Pease blends back in early September and saved about $3 a tin.  Thankfully they do not charge until it ships.  They have not shipped yet but I am not in a hurry.
I'm amazed your tobacco was in stock ! EVERY time I've ordered from them during one of their "sales" they've ALWAYS been "sold out" mostly on the day they put the sale up on their site !! :twisted:
I'll stick with SP and Cuppa Joes. If they list it for sale, they have it and both are great folks to deal with !! :twisted:

I can heartily recommend SmokingPipes and CupOJoes. I have ordered from various places over the years. I have had great customer service with SmokingPipes, and I have never had to call or send an email with CupOJoes. Admittedly I have not placed so many orders with CupOJoes.

I am a big fan of C&D. SmokingPipes doesn't carry everything in PS I like. I see that CupOJoes does not have Aromatic Dutch Slices any more which is unfortunate.

Fr_Tom":wq1gw4ix said:
I can heartily recommend SmokingPipes and CupOJoes. I have ordered from various places over the years. I have had great customer service with SmokingPipes, and I have never had to call or send an email with CupOJoes. Admittedly I have not placed so many orders with CupOJoes.

I am a big fan of C&D. SmokingPipes doesn't carry everything in PS I like. I see that CupOJoes does not have Aromatic Dutch Slices any more which is unfortunate.
That's one that I have somehow overlooked. I read your review on TR. I'll keep a watch for it. Sounds like something I might need to try.

Simple Man":halziuta said:
That's one that I have somehow overlooked. I read your review on TR. I'll keep a watch for it. Sounds like something I might need to try.
I really enjoy it. I like Natural Dutch Cavendish too. These are Dutch style cavendish processed tobaccos in the same camp as Amphora or Sail. They are not black cavendish.

Fr_Tom":nu4ao1og said:
Simple Man":nu4ao1og said:
I really enjoy it. I like Natural Dutch Cavendish too. These are Dutch style cavendish processed tobaccos in the same camp as Amphora or Sail. They are not black cavendish.
I'll have to give them a try. I've enjoyed Amphora and Sail in the past.

ADDED: Just added some Natural Dutch Cavendish to my growing cart.