Where Do You Get Aged Tins?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately only a few brands of tobacco are easily dateable. Hermit's, Older production Ashton, McClellands, Cornell & Diehl, The now defunct Bufflehead brand and GLP are the only ones I can think of right now. As for the others like Dunhill you have to know what their tins looked like at a given time.

:x :x :x It's so frustrating that all brands don't date their tins! :x :x

Carlos":nolckxpt said:
You guys are regularly checking Pipestud's home web site, right? Debating some purchases right now.
For someone outside the USA, those prices might look quite reasonable. A tin off the shelf here would cost $30 for 50 grams/ $60 for 100 grams...

Danish_Pipe_Guy":p1ptkbda said:
As for the others like Dunhill you have to know what their tins looked like at a given time. :x :x :x It's so frustrating that all brands don't date their tins! :x :x
Actually, the Orlik made Dunhills (and just about anything produced by Orlik and dist. in the US) are datable from 2005 forward to the year by the ten digit number code on the distributor sticker (e.g., 0515114123 = 2005; 0707095513 = 2007, and so forth and so on). Before that, things get a bit more trickey to be sure!

Carlos":v4rzirb4 said:
You guys are regularly checking Pipestud's home web site, right? Debating some purchases right now.
Pipestud has some nice stuff! If I were a VA lover I would be all over that 83' Crop McCranie's Red Flake. It is outstanding as well as the ribbon version.

Justpipes":a4clxzqn said:
Carlos":a4clxzqn said:
Pipestud has some nice stuff! If I were a VA lover I would be all over that 83' Crop McCranie's Red Flake. It is outstanding as well as the ribbon version.

I'm a VA lover, but at $80 for two tins,
I'd rather get another pound and a third
of Hal O' The Wynd.

Hermit":uia7cazy said:
Justpipes":uia7cazy said:
Carlos":uia7cazy said:

of Hal O' The Wynd.
I don't blame you for that Hermit but alls I'm say'n is that is some good stuff!

Justpipes":j4h2um58 said:
Hermit":j4h2um58 said:
Justpipes":j4h2um58 said:
Carlos":j4h2um58 said:

of Hal O' The Wynd.
I don't blame you for that Hermit but alls I'm say'n is that is some good stuff!
Yeah, I'd like to have em,
but I'm gonna pass.