Where do you get your Tobacco?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregE

Reaction score
I have been fastidously studying your guys' comments about your favorite tobacco's and since I am ready to move on past "sweet cavendish" from the drug store...I ordered about 11 of the ones you guys have praised from one entry or another in the past....
I used the online resources you suggested too...
But there are a few tobaccos that I havent been able to find in order to buy any..and I am guessing that these are still made and some of you have found somewhere to purchase them or else you wouldn't have bragged about these being your favorites...so if you dont mind...if you know where I can order any of the following...I will feel like I am one of the big dogs in the tall grass with you fellas...instead of sitting on the porch with my sweet cavendish.
They are:
Beacon
Renaissance
Balkan Sobranie Virginia #10
Blue Boar
Jacks firehouse dog
Bells 3 nuns

I am anxious to start trying out these different types based on the comments you have made about them here in the past...

And yes..I did order some "walnut" simply because of the loyalty and facination of my new friend here at the brothers of briar.....

I was also wondering if those of you who are in pipe clubs...and you have a pipe commissioned for your club.....is it also available for your pipe smoking friends too, in other words can someone outside your club also put in an order for one?
Thanks for your help.....

GregE":05jmr86g said:
I was also wondering if those of you who are in pipe clubs...and you have a pipe commissioned for your club.....is it also available for your pipe smoking friends too, in other words can someone outside your club also put in an order for one?
Thanks for your help.....
Well, that's an interesting question with several possible answers.

Take for instance the 2008 BoB Forum pipe. This is a new shape for Mark Tinsky. Mark is stamping them for us as a sort of camaraderie thing. But it's Mark's shape. If you would like one stamped and you are not a member here, that's fine. No one is double checking or insisting that only BoB Forum members get them. By the same token, if you are a member here and don't want the stamping, simply ask Mark. He has some options that that you may be interested in. You only have to ask. In between his fishing, he should get back to you reasonably quick.

Sometimes Forum or club pipes are done as a limited edition. I have a Rad Davis ordered as a Smokers Forum pipe for this year. I was very fortunate to get in on it as it was limited to only 60 pipes.

I have been in on some that were pay ahead. Others that were pay by a certain date. Sometimes this requires a lot of coordination. I am a fan of keeping it easy. It's not to early to think about next year.

Yo Greg,The last 5 tobacs you listed, as far as I know, are not made any longer, for what ever reason, and if you can find them you'll pay a high price, i just sold two tins of Renissance for $50 each, beacon can be had at Bob Hamblin's site PCCA, Ken.
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

Thanks Carlos and Ken....
I thought they might be unavailable since I couldnt find them anywhere....I was just surfing past entries that fellows had made here and wanted to get started with some winners....
I did get about 11 or 12 tins ordered based on what some of you guys have said...so that ought to keep me busy for awhile....
Is it better to transfer them to mason jars after opening the tins...?
I have to say that I found a tin of "Orlik" Golden sliced (made in Denmark) in a little tobacco store here in Palestine Texas where I am working this weekend as the pharmacist at the only Walgreens Drug store in town...I went ahead and bought it (since I remembered the name from one of the guys)...I rushed back to the motel and tried it out....and it was a life changing moment for me....the earth shook.....the heavens opened...the angelic hosts sang.....and I thought for moment that my wife might actually love me......I have been a dyed in the wool Cigar fellow for years...but I realize now (with the right tobacco) what I have been missing out on all these years with pipes.....
If any of those other tins I have ordered are just as good...I am going to be buried with my tins and at least one pipe....so I can enjoy this great hobby in Heaven.....
:)

I generally buy my stuff from www.smokingpipes.com . They're prices on pipe tobacco is almost always the lowest and they stock a pretty large variety.Also, on orders over $75.00 shipping is free.On top of all this they ship super fast!

Great company!

Best,
D.J.