Where does your money go

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Where do you spend your pipe/baccy money?

Online I use Marscigars.com
Pipesandcigars.com
Cupojoes.com
And occasionally smokingpipes.com

I like to visit Knoxcigar and Jrcigar at the retail locations

80% of my money goes to mars the other 20% gets split up among the other etailers that are having sales at the time i am ready to spend it.

Almost all mine goes to smokingpipes because of their tobacco prices and free shipping over 75 bucks. I buy Tavern Tobacco from knoxcigar of course. For pipes I buy from whom ever has that pipe that I can't live without at the moment.

Like Jason,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,www.smokingpipes.com

Price
Selection
Free shipping over $75

One of the beauties of this board is that we can now do this. We can pool our buying knowledge and power. Tell "em" we want a discount for our members.

Also, imagine I post a certain pipe I like and someone says, Hey it's at "here" for $50 less.

This board can really empower us.

Hey PSPR&R,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,put our stuff at the head of the queue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,qewe?

Pease,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,give us a burley flake.

OR ELSE!!

:king: tj

I order from 4Noggins and have had success in getting it across the border each time. With the parity of the USD and CND it is quite a significant savings. However, I have not ordered for some time. There are some tobaccos I can't get, but 4Noggins is continually adding to its inventory.

-Paul

As far as buying tobacco goes, price and selection are important to me too, but service is King :king:. Specifically, fast shipping and damage free tins are better than slow "free shipping" with dented tins. 6 or 7 bucks for shipping will only buy two gallons of gas, which in turn will only get me about 34 miles down the road. I don't mind paying for shipping.

The best online service for tobacco that I have had so far has been Mars and Cuppa Joes, not to mention McCrannie's and The Pipe Guy. The very best service (and company kept) has been going in to my local tobacconist, but of course, you already know that.

As far as pipes go, if I see the one I gotta have, well, that's where I buy it. :D No problems to report so far.

Where do I start?!

Knox
Smoking Pipes
MARS Cigars
Cup O' Joes
Smokers' Haven
Grayfox
Uptown's
LJ Peretti
Pipes & Cigars
Cornell & Diehl
Hermit Tobacco
Pipestud
Georgetown Tobacco
Lil'Brown Smoke Shack
The Pipe guy

Geese :!: Did I miss anyone :?:

Now that you bring it up Carlos... the reason we asked you over here was we thought it was time for an intervention. :tongue:

jhuggett":83kp6sl2 said:
Almost all mine goes to smokingpipes because of their tobacco prices and free shipping over 75 bucks. I buy Tavern Tobacco from knoxcigar of course. For pipes I buy from whom ever has that pipe that I can't live without at the moment.

Dittos, Jason! Sykes, Jeff, and all the guys at Smokingpipes do a great job of keeping stock on hand at the best prices on the internet, and their service is fantastic. I've shopped around and these guys are the best, in my book.

JT :pirat:

I'm a smokingpipes.com guy. I buy something every time I walk into Tobacco Road, my local B&M, but it's a drive and I only get in there every month and a half or so. I have spent more coin at smokingpipes than anywhere else (on tobacco that is). I buy my pipes wherever I find something special at a good price, but most of my money finds it's way back to Cantu, Italy 8)

gatewheel":dy66dsjy said:
jhuggett":dy66dsjy said:

Dittos, Jason! Sykes, Jeff, and all the guys at Smokingpipes do a great job of keeping stock on hand at the best prices on the internet, and their service is fantastic. I've shopped around and these guys are the best, in my book.

JT :pirat:
Life would be so much easier for me if I could buy my baccy at smokingpipes dot com. Unfortunately, my UPS driver eats their packaging for breakfast. He can ring the doorbell and be 5 houses down the street as I open the door. He's good. (Sometimes he doesn't even ring the bell. I just hear the sound of the truck.)

*DingDong*
"Huh? What's this pile of debris on my doorstep? Oh, I know what it is. (Or what it was.)
*sigh*

I agree that the folks over there really are fantastic people, and they always try to make it right. I got the Christmas card too! Thanks! I just find it easier to avoid the whole UPS fiasco. It's not their fault.

The above posts constitute an absolutely superb marketing plan.

It's classic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Price/Selection/Service,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,taint that hard.

This board can also air complaints and help members resolve issues.

Being independent really does empower us.

:king: tj,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Executive VP, Brothers of Briar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we can charge fees! :cheers:

Tobacco:
60% Mars
20% SmokingPipes
20% local B&M's (Here in Phoenix we are lucky to have three really nice pipe shops and a couple that will do in a pinch.)

Pipes:
40% CP :scratch: :lol!:
20% local B&M
20% Private carvers on the internet
20% SmokingPipes

For tobacco I use:
The Briary
Smokers Haven
Smoking Pipes
I did use Cup O Joe's for a while and after I received two dented tins(shipping box arrived in excellent condition) in one shipment and resolution came only after two phone calls with the last call to the store manager I decided to go else where.

For Pipes:
The Briary
Briar Blues
Just excellent service from both...

Smokingpipes.com,Knox,and $50 a year at the local shop,just to pay my respectr to the local businessman.Shame they can't be competitive,but I spend just enough that it would hurt not to do my business on the internet.I smoke at home,and am not too interested in the company there,mayhap that would influence me(camaraderie).Not so far.
Tony

My local tobacconist, Allegheny Smokeworks, is five minutes away, ten if traffic is backed up on the bridge. Saturday mornings a group of pipe smokers gathers in the lounge. There's coffee, soda in a fridge, seven comfortable chairs, someone usually brings some sort of snack, around 11 Danny usually comes in and plunks down a sack of South Side pretzels, around noon the owner usually orders in three or four pizzas. From 10am until noon or 1pm, when the cigar smokers usually move in, turn on the TV, and turn the lounge into a session of smoke aversion therapy, it's a convivial gathering of friends, perhaps my first real club, informal as it is. Back in the shop proper, there is a fine selection of bulks and tins, and anything that isn't there, the owner will get.

I'm building a cellar more or less inadvertently -- I smoke very lightly, so a tin lasts me a long time, and I buy a couple of tins a week because it would be ungrateful not to. With only a couple of lapses, my internet purchases have fallen to zero. So enjoyable is this little Saturday morning ritual, it would be treasonous to spend my money elsewhere.

Jack

Just a bit too far east for my upcoming trip. And Saturday I hope to be on my way to, or in Georgia.

Sounds like fun though.