Where in the world is PB?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showme1or2

Reaction score
I seem to remember this thread from the old place; just a way we can follow PB on his journeys. I'm not sure I've talked to him since I've been here, and he's been uncharacteristically quiet.

Everything alright in PBland?

showme

I was just wondering the same thing :!: I have'nt seen him post on Knox either so I'm not taking his absence personally :lol:

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

He mentioned something about not easily accessing this board with his blackberry while on the road.

Hey Show, wasn't meaning to dis ya man. I thought I'd spoke to ya but hell thinkin aint exactly my strong point. Just know that You were missed guy.

Pdiddy nailed it. To post on here using the blackberry I have to scroll for about 60-75 seconds to get by all the posting options. When I pass that little posting box up, I have to start over. Grrrrrr
To make matters worse when the board was started it rendered as black and white on here,very easy to read. Now after all the fixing it renders as dark grey and black. I can't read it while driving, requires way more attention than I'm willing to give, even in extremely light traffic on the interstate. So the only time I can read now is when stopped. The problem is when I'm stopped I'm either loading/unloading, fueling, or sleeping.
Its ok though. I posted way to much as it was, now ya'll got Davey and company to bug ya'll with a million questions :). (Keep it up Davey, its the easiest way to learn).

FWIW I'm stopped by JR Cigar Statesville today and snagged an McC St James and. Blackwoods flake both with 05 date codes, and I bought Pops a pipezippo. :)
I'm currently in Marion NC not far from the C&D mecca of Morganton.
Unloaded at Sherwin Williams over in Greensboro, holy shit what a mess. I had 5100 gallons of latex, they had room for 1500 gallons in their tanks.(So much for automated ordering) Ummm I don't do math very well but I knew that didn't work. The unloader and I both tried to get our guys to ok just taking the whole thing back to Lou. After almost 6 hrs of Rohm&Hass and Sherwin Williams higher ups talking it was decided that us peons would break both companys safety policys and do a partial unload. Great. Let's fill the tanks beyond the overflow safety buffer and then try to cleanly break the connection with 3500 gallons of back pressure. Somehow, thank the luck gods, we did it without making any mess.
I'm now on my way back home.
On the bright side I get to charge the loasy bastages 76 bucks an hour for 5 of the hours I spent there ( contract states we have to give em the first 2 for free) plus loaded rate and fuel surcharge to take it back :). The whole mess will end up costing them a bit over 5 bucks a mile round trip when its all said and done. I don't have to mess with a tank wash or hunting a reload :) :) :) :) not a bad little christmas bonus. :) :) :) :)

PB,

Sounds like double dipping to me. You're lucky a banker wasn't there.

Good to hear from you. Now git yer ass home safely for some :santa: time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Check in when you can.

I'm running down to the hardware store and stocking up on paint. Thanks for the tip.

tj,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,capo de tutti capi

PB. Sounds like an adventure for sure. Be safe, stay strong, keep the shiny side up....

Hey, I heard there was a massive fire where PB unloaded that paint. Some careless trucker threw his cigar butt near the paint hole.

Jason.... I appreciate everything you've done to set up this marvelous meeting place, and I've been greatly impressed with your willingness to cater to wants of the neighborhood in making everything work according to our desires. But I wonder. is it possible to tinker with the settings to allow PB greater access to the board without creating problems, some of which I may not be aware? It just seems a shame that one of our established and valued brothers isn't able to contribute as regularly as I'm sure we'd all like to see. Sure, it was a pain in the arse wading through all the misspelled words (j/k), but the wit, wisdom and sense of humor that he brought to our gang of misfits is sorely missed.

BTW, TJ says "No" is not an option!

Thanks much,

JT :gatewheel:

PB I'll work on it this weekend and see if I can implement a color scheme that looks good as well as works better on a blackberry. I have one I can test it on.

Some of the forums using this software allow the user to choose in their profile which theme they use. A choice would be nice. But sometimes something breaks also. Certain buttons become invisible.

A theme chooser can definitely help but I don't think I have that as an option with this forum hosting solution. Man, more and more I think I should have just hosted this myself. Then we could have all those options. Oh well

Hey PB, I checked out the site on my BB and it definitely looks a lot better on Opera Mini than in BB's browser. I do see how the backgrounds appear much darker and harder to read though. Do you think just lightening up the message body backgrounds would help?

Jason.... however this ends up, I don't think we can thank you enough for all your efforts in keeping this place running smoothly. You are, indeed, THE MAN!

The blackberry has a emulator but it doesnt seem to matter which one I use. The wierd part is at home the color scheme is a very light tan with silverish green and a dark header. On the blackberry everything is dark brown and black. Its a blackberry issue not a board issue. I actually think the 'black and white' board was a misrender by blackberry. At least if I'm stopped I can read it and post if I really want to. Another board I used to post on doesnt even allow the blackberry access to posting, and I think its running the same PHPBB Software. Just one of those deals.

wheel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You have been too damned nice lately,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll be glad when the holidays are over and you get back to being yourself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you're feminine side is showing.

:flower: power!

tj

LOL, TJ! I'm sure I'll feel "better" after this damned insufferable Happy Holidays BS is over.

Interesting observation on your part, though, 'cause my wife says I've been more of a pain in the ass than usual lately... and I'd think that would be a better argument for feminine traits shoving their way to the surface. In fact, she hasn't been talking to me for a couple of days... I think I used the "B" word or something... I forget.... wish she would. On the other hand, perhaps that explains the apparent elevation in my sociable quotient... sort of a Christmas miracle!

Anyway, Happy Holidays to all!

JT :gatewheel:

:flower: :cat: :santa: :gatewheel:

One of these things is not like the others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :no:

Which reminds me... here's your early Xmas gift from me, TJ....

hillar10.jpg