Where, oh where, have the Burley Flakes gone?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked some tins up recently through the German e-seller that GrandpaGrossbart mentioned. It was a great experience, and I would definitely order from him in the future.

Also, I cracked open a tin of ABF and tried it for the first time last night, and yeah, I see what all the fuss is about!

Been smoking MacB's Golden Extra since the mid 60's when it was named Golden Blend. Got turned on to ABF a few years ago while attending an annual TAPS pipe show in Raleigh. Both superb Burleys...but, to me at least, quite a bit different!! I enjoy them both and have a goodly stash of each :) :) :) :cheers: FTRPLT

What about the topping in Golden Extra? Flavored toppings usually put me off from trying a particular tobacco...

If there's anything added to Golden Extra is it a very very light cocoa/dark chocolate. I honestly wonder if there's anything there or not.

If ('cause I really don't know!!) GE is topped, it must be awfully subtle and tasty; 'cause it's never bothered me. My old taste buds can't/don't detect anything that turns me off. I've been puffing it off and on since 1964!! FWIW, :cheers: FTRPLT

Wessex Burley Slice is back in at smokingpipes.com in case anyone was looking for it